Thread: Interesting History on PBS about photography and royalty from Queen Victoria to now

Interesting History on PBS about photography and royalty from Queen Victoria to now

I'm not an Anglophile and certainly not oogly woogly over the Royal Family but I came across this program dealing with the interplay between photography and the Royal Family, and I thought it was the coolest thing I've seen on the subject---
    https://www.pbs.org/show/lucy-worsle...l-photo-album/
    I hope you get the chance to see it for yourself!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: Interesting History on PBS about photography and royalty from Queen Victoria to n

Dr Lucy Worsley is quite good, usually she has researched her subject very thoroughly. Her televised documentaries are entertaining and colourful, we particularly liked her, "Harlots, Housewives and Heroines; A 17th Century for Girls."

Unfortunately I cannot access PBS in this country, but I'm guessing it is probably quite entertaining as well as enlightening.

Mick.

Re: Interesting History on PBS about photography and royalty from Queen Victoria to n

Very cool, thanks for posting!

One plus to living in a backwater is PBS subscriptions are far cheaper than my old big city location
    Tin Can

Dr Lucy Worsley programs are wonderful. i really enjoyed every series so far and hope to see more of her soon.

the cameras used were very interesting. this program seemed more about the photography of the day.

the microcord n rolies were amazing tlrs.
    Last edited by Paul Ron; 19-Aug-2020 at 08:32.

Just watched it this afternoon - really interesting and well done. Thanks for sharing.