Thread: Mounting a Sinar shutter behind a Chamonix front standard

Mounting a Sinar shutter behind a Chamonix front standard

I presently have acquired an adapter that allows me to mount a Sinar Copal shutter in front of my Chamonix's front standard, and lens then mounted in front of the shutter. This combination works but makes for a very front weighted down front standard. I recall seeing photographs of the Sinar shutter mounted in back of a 8x10 Chamonix's front standard, but I can't remember where I saw the image. This configuration would allow the front standard to be a lot more balanced. Has anyone done this? I can't seem to find a commercially available adapter to make this possible. Is there one available to purchase out there, or does one have to have a custom fabricated adapter?
    thanks

Photographer

Re: Mounting a Sinar shutter behind a Chamonix front standard

Luland might have one for you. In their Ebay listings, they seem to have a posting for custom work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Luland-cust...wAAOSwstJZQRyq

Good luck and report back if you find something.
    Keith Pitman

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I presently have acquired an adapter that allows me to mount a Sinar Copal shutter in front of my Chamonix's front standard, and lens then mounted in front of the shutter. This combination works but makes for a very front weighted down front standard. I recall seeing photographs of the Sinar shutter mounted in back of a 8x10 Chamonix's front standard, but I can't remember where I saw the image. This configuration would allow the front standard to be a lot more balanced. Has anyone done this? I can't seem to find a commercially available adapter to make this possible. Is there one available to purchase out there, or does one have to have a custom fabricated adapter?
    thanks
    I have it custom made by Chamonix. Let me see if I can find the photo.

edit: I found it here:
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...683#post914683

edit again: There is one small bug for this set up, tilt is limited by the Sinar shutter cable release, it doesn't bother me, coz if I need this set up, most likely I won't be tilting.

Thanks for the posts. Hugo Emailed me that "The next batch is about two months away".
    Greg