Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy mat board these days?

Re: Where to buy mat board these days?

Lodima is a good way to go. You are supporting an enterprise owned and run by a very good Large Format photographer - Paula Chamlee. While you visit their site order a copy of High Plains Farm, a book by Paula of the farm she grew up on in Texas. All photographed in 5x7 and 8x10 with the images the size of the original contact prints. The printing is excellent and only surpassed by the quality of the images.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Quote Originally Posted by John Olsen View Post
    I've been ordering mine from Dick Blick. They're shipping from Chicago and doing an outstanding job on the packaging. I order 10-12 sheets (32x40") at a time in order that it's worth the shipping cost, but not too heavy for the delivery people to handle carefully.
    Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Lodima is a good way to go. You are supporting an enterprise owned and run by a very good Large Format photographer - Paula Chamlee. While you visit their site order a copy of High Plains Farm, a book by Paula of the farm she grew up on in Texas. All photographed in 5x7 and 8x10 with the images the size of the original contact prints. The printing is excellent and only surpassed by the quality of the images.
    first quality board; packaged perfectly; and supporting a small business!

Drew Wiley

Greg - the mere 1/2-acre bare asphalt parking lot right across the RR tracks from my old office sold for 66 million dollars. Then they still have to tear it up, pay huge hazmat fees due it being adjacent to a railroad, and then build Class A condos and apartments so expensive that it baffles me who would want to live in them. Even houses here are cheaper. The business where I worked, consisting of about three whole city blocks and quite a bit of warehousing, is protected by zoning, but everything around it is now like dark tunnels amidst highrise condos. One thing I am glad to see torn torn down and gone are all the defunct warehouse art colonies. They were infamous fire traps. One reached national attention when over 30 people died in a fire; but I also saw a number of stores and businesses lost due to fires spreading from these places. The usual suspects : illegal indoor pot growing, illegal fireworks storage, an unlicensed scented candle factory with wax build-up all over the walls, wood furniture shops with idiot employees leaving oily rags all around, "street artists" with their brains melted by aerosol can solvents - you name it. Stupidity seems to run in herds.