Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me identify this 8x20

Re: Help me identify this 8x20

Recess under the gg is 9 5/8” wide. End of recess to film holder groove slot is 20 15/16-21 1/8” so 3/16”
    Wide.

That is one of the measurements you will need as you search for film holders. A "Wanted" add placed on the forum may bring you good results.

Agreed; Folmer did not make an 8x20; they made 12x20 & a 7x17 reducing back. They were limited by short bellows, but are much higher quality construction than a Korona.

The Koronas used to have "outriggers" that fit beneath the bed and extended about 4" in each direction from the joint of the bed. As I owned one, I know the 7x17 Koronas had this feature & I suspect the 8x20 did as well. Look for screws or filled in screw holes on the bottom of the bed fore & aft of the point.

Enjoy.

Mike
    “You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?”

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jones View Post
    The Koronas used to have "outriggers" that fit beneath the bed and extended about 4" in each direction from the joint of the bed. As I owned one, I know the 7x17 Koronas had this feature & I suspect the 8x20 did as well. Look for screws or filled in screw holes on the bottom of the bed fore & aft of the point.
    I can confirm Mike's conjecture that the Korona 8x20 Panoramic View had the slots in the tripod block section to allow mounting of wood stiffeners to make the front rail and rear extension rail more rigid. The stiffeners do make a big difference.

Hope that helps,

Len

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Yes, the Korona has those support bars. I made my own bars out of Walnut. I had the little round brackets that the bars connect to. I never use this stuff as I rebuilt my 8x20 and changed the bed design. If someone needs the bars and the brackets I have a set.