Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Film Shots - A new iOS/Android app for taking field notes with Lightroom integration

Film Shots - A new iOS/Android app for taking field notes with Lightroom integration

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and in all honesty not a LF photographer, not yet at least - my MPP MkVII still sits on the shelf waiting for it's time to come.

I've created this app to record metadata for film photos and upon request from some of the early LF users added support for the sheet film holders.
    You can read more about it on Hamish Gill's 35mmc

I thought I would share it here as well in case it's of benefit to anyone.

This is my hobby project so the apps and Lightroom plugin are absolutely free and have no ads, but I do offer a donation-type subscription for those who would like to help me evolving it.

Oleksii

Re: Film Shots - A new iOS/Android app for taking field notes with Lightroom integrat

looks great. thanks for sharing!

Re: Film Shots - A new iOS/Android app for taking field notes with Lightroom integrat

Quote Originally Posted by eabartel View Post
    looks great. thanks for sharing!
    Thank you for taking interest! Please post any questions or suggestions either here or email me directly (my email is in app's 'about' box).

As I said I am not an LF photographer myself and will need your input to make it more usable for you. For example several users have already requested custom numbering scheme for holders, instead of default 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc., so this will come in future updates.

Ohh, I wish I saw this sooner. Just back from a trip with 15 rolls, could have made it so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMarq View Post
    Ohh, I wish I saw this sooner. Just back from a trip with 15 rolls, could have made it so easy.
    If you process your scans in Lightroom, nothing stops you from still using the plugin to manage metadata and write exif. You will just have to enter it manually in 'Film Shots Metadata' panel instead of the app doing it for you

Hi again!

First of all, big thanks to those who took time to leave a review and/or send me a direct feedback and of course those who decided to support the app financially. It really helps me to stay motivated.

I've been very busy over the last couple of month working on a complete redesign of the app to make it easier to evolve and maintain. And finally the all-new iOS 14 version has been released today!

Please check out the 'What's New' screen when you receive the update for the details, but the key new features are:

1. (Optional) iCloud sync - your data is automatically and securely (stays fully private in your iCloud account) synchronized across your Apple mobile and wearable devices. This is optional, but is required for the Watch app to work,

2. Frame Numbering. You can now select a frame designator (1A, 5B and so on) to before recording a frame. Even better, once you edit the Emulsion/ISO details of a frame, the app will remember them and next time you use this designator, it will fill the Emulsion/ISO automatically. For example, select frame 25A, record it, then edit emulsion to say Fuji Velvia 50. Next time you record 25A, it will it will record Fuji Velvia 50 automatically. This really eliminates the need of setting up a default Emulsion/ISO setting for the Set.

This works from both main app and the Widget (more about Widget below). Not possible to select frame designator from the watch yet, but it will still pick up the historical Emulsion/ISO - this is something to improve in the next versions

3. Take a reference picture and record a shot in one click - main app only.

4. Adjust exposure before recording a shot from the main app.

5. Edit physical coordinates of a frame by long tapping on a map or dragging the pin

6. Swipe left to delete a set/roll or a frame

7. Distinct colors for workflow statuses

8. Distinct default thumbnails for roll/set and frame

... and much more ...

You feedback is as welcome as ever
    The app looks and feels more or less the same, but it has been rewritten from the ground up, so if I missed something - please let me know!

PS
    Similar Android update is in the works, so stay tuned
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 11 Pro Max - 2020-10-01 at 23.05.13.jpg   Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 11 Pro Max - 2020-10-01 at 23.05.46.jpg   Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 11 Pro Max - 2020-10-01 at 23.07.14.jpg   Cloud.jpg  

I did try it

I admire your 'shiny object'

yet I won't use it

I vastly prefer my disorganized mind, life and art to be free, in the wild

we may be the last of a breed
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post

I vastly prefer my disorganized mind, life and art to be free, in the wild
    +1

@Tin Can, @Raghu Kuvempunagar

Well what can I say, apps like this are certainly not for everyone.

I do like digi but prefer wet work
    Tin Can