Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compur #2 help

Compur #2 help

Hi all! Does anyone know of a good resource on the Compur #2 shutter? I just picked up a Schneider 240mm in a Compur #2 ( I believe it is a #2 not 100%) and I can't for the life of me find a detailed breakdown or repair documentation on it. The speeds seem to be good but there are a few other issues. The shutter sticks open sometimes after tripping it and the T and B functions don't seem to work at all. I can open the shutter in those two modes but the T function doesn't stay open when the shutter lever is pressed. I went a few layers in to assess and there may be a piece that has shorn and is blocking any actuation in those modes. Am I mistaken that I should still be able to cock the system when in T or B? Any help is greatly appreciated! And bear with me I am indeed a certified newb when it comes to repair. Just trying to keep things cheap and if the sticky shutter is just the lack of lubrication I will be at ease. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Re: Compur #2 help

I have a compur repair manual, but can't see how to attach it
    have sent you a PM
    regards
    Tony

Thanks Paul. Some of these documents I have scrolled through and I can't seem to find my specific shutter. Am I missing something? Are the design of these shutters more universal than I think?

Ok, so after browsing the Compur manual that both Paul and Tonyowen were so kind to send to me I think I found the compur #2 (second lens on page 11). But that's the only reference to it in the manual. I don't see any exploded view or repair instructions for the Compur 2. Am I imagining this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarkon View Post
    Ok, so after browsing the Compur manual that both Paul and Tonyowen were so kind to send to me I think I found the compur #2 (second lens on page 11). But that's the only reference to it in the manual. I don't see any exploded view or repair instructions for the Compur 2. Am I imagining this?
    Yes the manual is badly arranged, parts and exploded views are included - I'll look at mine and see what page(s) you want
    regards
    Tony

try pages 90 onwards
    regards
    Tony

Thanks Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarkon View Post
    Am I mistaken that I should still be able to cock the system when in T or B?
    You are. My three Compur 2's cannot be cocked when set on T or B. Also, cocking the shutter is not required to use B or T with the Compur #2 (or 1 or 3!). My Compur 1 (silver ring) has T but no B, my silver Compur 3 also has T but no B. My all black Compur 3 has B but no T. Cocking is not required to use B or T, but both the Compur 1 & 3 can be cocked with the shutter set to T or B as applicable, but tripping the shutter when on T or B, does not uncock the shutter. The speed ring must be moved to one of the speeds in order to trip and uncock the shutter.

Cocking a compound and copur shutter when in B or T mode will break it....so if you are able to cock the shutter in these modes it is already broken...

My Flickr