Thread: Odd Linhof Adapter Board

Odd Linhof Adapter Board

I have a Linhof adapter lens board that appears to allow the use of Linhof Technika 6x9 lens boards on cameras accepting Linhof Technika IV type lens boards. The problem is, however, that the hole in the adapter board is smaller than the light baffle on the back of the Technika 6x9 boards, preventing them from attaching to the adapter board. Were there variations or different generations of these adapter boards or of the Technika 6x9 boards ? It looks like it should be very straightforward, but I am clearly missing something. Any info or guidance ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Board2.jpg  

Re: Odd Linhof Adapter Board

Yes, one was for the Technika 70. The other was for the Technika IV and V.

Thanks, Bob.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, this adapter board fits on my Master Technika Classic 4x5. However, the 6x9 boards from my Technika 70 do NOT fit on the adapter board because the hole in the adapter board is too small to accommodate the light baffle on the 6x9 boards. Are you saying that there are other 6x9 Technika boards with a smaller light baffle ridge that will fit on this adapter board ? I don't believe I have ever seen different 6x9 boards for the Technika 70 vs. the IV or V. but then again, I haven't seen everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Technorama View Post
    Thanks, Bob.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, this adapter board fits on my Master Technika Classic 4x5. However, the 6x9 boards from my Technika 70 do NOT fit on the adapter board because the hole in the adapter board is too small to accommodate the light baffle on the 6x9 boards. Are you saying that there are other 6x9 Technika boards with a smaller light baffle ridge that will fit on this adapter board ? I don't believe I have ever seen different 6x9 boards for the Technika 70 vs. the IV or V. but then again, I haven't seen everything.
    The adapter boards were different. I don’t know why. I just sold them.

I've had two different Linhof 6x9 / 4x5 adapter boards, including one that looks just like yours. It fits every Linhof 6x9 board I have (the modern ones that have the notched corners that look similar to modern 4x5 boards).

Are you using the modern Technika boards? As opposed to the older III model ones.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

The 6x9 boards are the ones from my Technika 70. They have the clipped/notched corners similar to the current 4x5 boards. The hole in the adapter board is about 60mm in diameter. The raised ridge of the light baffle on the rear of the 6x9 Technika 70 board is about 69mm, so clearly, will not fit through the hole. The only things I can think is that this adapter is for an earlier series of 6x9 boards. I had just never seen such an earlier series of 6x9 boards.

I checked and both my adapter boards have 65mm holes, and the Technika (70, IV, V) boards I have all have roughly 65mm ridges that slot right in.

Out of my lens boards, I have one that is slightly recessed for the 65mm SA that fits fine as well as a big one that has a Copal 1 adapter on it that fits a huge 150mm f/3.5 lens and it also fits.

I'm perplexed as all my random "mini" Tech parts I have here work fine and I've never had a compatibility issue.

PS: I don't know what Bob is talking about but my two adapters are fairly different. One is marked Linhof, the other is unmarked. The "Linhof" one is thicker and looks like yours somewhat, but has two pieces of metal on the bottom instead of a long thick piece. It actually only fits onto my 4x5 Technikas, with those bottom metal pieces interfering with other cameras that use the Linhof-style boards. I'd take photos but I'm about to leave my house so maybe another day.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Thanks again for the comments and additional info. No need to go further with this, as everyone has confirmed that the adapter board I have is probably either an older version or one that was some sort of custom or niche piece. IN any event, not the normal adapter.