Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Durst L200 - New to Me - Confused

Durst L200 - New to Me - Confused

Just unloaded a new to me Durst L200... without a doubt the most confusing enlarger I’ve ever used. I’m coming from years of use on a Besseler which is child’s play compared to this thing.

Enlarger came relatively complete for 45.

First things first, the Variocontrol ... the manual doesn’t necessarily say which direction the process should follow... enlarger into rear or front of box, second cable to timer from rear or front?

Also, I was surprised to see this bulb loaded in there...

Even my rudimentary research found the bulb is more complex.

Any tips and advice on this machine would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Durst L200 - New to Me - Confused

The bulb envelope is probably not big enough to cover a 4x5 negative. I'd get a G40 bulb, also 150W with a much larger envelope. Should be covered in the Manual. I'm familiar with the 5x7 enlarger, not the 4x5. L

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    The bulb envelope is probably not big enough to cover a 4x5 negative. I'd get a G40 bulb, also 150W with a much larger envelope. Do you have the manual for it? L
    Yes but it’s not a very thorough text. It really points out where things are but not necessarily how it all functions or in what order.

For example, the power supply... it just says plug it in but there’s two identical plugs in the rear and front.

The bulb envelope is probably not big enough to cover a 4x5 negative. I'd get a G40 bulb, also 150W with a much larger envelope. Should be covered in the Manual. I'm familiar with the 5x7 enlarger, not the 4x5. L
    I should have added... at this point I can’t even get the bulb to turn on. I can hear power running through the Varicontrol power unit.

Many 45 enlargers used the 212 bulb. Including Beseler and Omega.

Unit being referenced.

Andrew

The varicontrol is for a 12v point source bulb. The output voltage is to low for the 212 bulb. The 212 bulb will cover 4x5 if it is positioned properly.

Quote Originally Posted by quine View Post
    The varicontrol is for a 12v point source bulb. The output voltage is to low for the 212 bulb. The 212 bulb will cover 4x5 if it is positioned properly.
    A friend mentioned I should stick with the 212 bulb and Re-wire to 110V. Enlarger was free and I’m now out of my comfort zone skills wise.

I have at least four Durst 1200 instruction manuals for different 1200 models and heads. Can you post some pictures of your enlarger as to see what you have. I think the best head for it would be to get the CLS450, but they made 7 or maybe more heads that fit the "1200."

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I have at least four Durst 1200 instruction manuals for different 1200 models and heads. Can you post some pictures of your enlarger as to see what you have. I think the best head for it would be to get the CLS450, but they made 7 or maybe more heads that fit the "1200."