Hi
I recently acquired from ebay a SEI Photometer (the english spotmeter used by A Adams) that had all the mnuals, spare bulbs etc and was listed as fully working. Unfortunately covid restrictions got in the way and I was only able to get to the package recently, past the Ebay "help" window.
The bulb that you need to use and calibrate every time you use this very complicated piece of equipment will not turn on when you press the button on the rheostat control at the bottom cover.
I have tested the bulb and the spares and they work. The battery also obviously is brand new and works.
So I can only think that the issue is in that bottom cover which houses the rheostat and the ON button.
I have contacted the seller who reiterated the meter worked when he sent it to me. Well it sure does not work now.
Can anyone help me? Is there any tech who could look at that bottom cover for me and see if it needs servicing? I even managed to find a doc online with repair instructions for this meter. But I am no electrical engineer and would never know how to even take that bottom cover apart.
I am based in the uk.
Hope some kind soul can point me in the right direction. this thing cost me a lot of cash and i hate having something that does not work in my collection. i bought it to use in the field with my Gandolfi Half plate.
thank you