Thread: Hello from Santa Cruz!

Hello from Santa Cruz!

Hello all! New to posting on the forum but have been coming here for inspiration and research for a while.

I'm originally from Toronto but now live in Santa Cruz which is where I began my film photography journey on 35mm. I've since added a couple of 120 cameras to the collection (Holga and RB67) and finally took the plunge into LF earlier this year. Since then I've trying to absorb as much information as I can and practice practice practice.

My current setup is an Intrepid 4x5 with 90mm, 150mm and 300mm Nikkor lenses. Have been mostly shooting Catlabs 80 for practice because its cheap and some Tmax 100, developing and scanning at home with D76 and an Epson v850. I just recently bought some colour film and chemicals to try that out as well.

Looking forward to sharing some of my images and to continue to learn from the wealth of experience here!

Sean

Re: Hello from Santa Cruz!

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your images.

Welcome, neighbor, from the Bay Area!

Welcome to the forum, Sean. My stepson, his wife and kids live in San Jose. They go to the beach at Santa Cruz often. San Francisco of course is close too. You have a lot of interesting scenes to shoot with 4x5!

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Gales; 28-Jul-2020 at 11:07.

Welcome!
    Tin Can

Hello from Fresno.
    Love the prawn burritos at El Palomar
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Tim Sandstrom

Welcome and hello from San Jose. Santa Cruz is fertile ground, life is good!

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Hello from Fresno.
    Love the prawn burritos at El Palomar
    Perhaps only for take-out. Santa Cruz County is presently on the Covid-19 watch list.

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Perhaps only for take-out. Santa Cruz County is presently on the Covid-19 watch list.
    Take out? I'm good with that!
    Seafood is best when in sight of the sea
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Drew Wiley

Forest food too. Don't forget banana slugs. All those UC Santa Cruz students can't be wrong. Way back when, when that branch of UC was barely in existence, I lived on the beach nearby, a starving student myself. So I'd wander up the avenue getting free leftovers. Day old free bread was available from a bakery which flaunted its special fiber ingredient (cannabis stems), and there was a startup natural tea company, a brand label now found in stores everywhere, which made a point of adding stems to the tea. That ingredient had no effect except to make counterculture clientele think it did. It was the era when smoking banana peels was in vogue too. Now grill-smoked banana slug, that's a different thing entirely. Are there any "Fusion French Cuisine" restaurants open in Santa Cruz at the moment?