Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Chroma Wet Plate Holders - Standard/custom sizes

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    23

    Re: Chroma Wet Plate Holders - Standard/custom sizes

    Hi Randy,

    Thanks a lot for your feedback, Iím really glad you like your new holder. Iíve just looked at your result in the other thread, thatís fantastic, especially for such old plates!

    Itís a shame about your old plates not fitting properly. If you want, I can draw up a custom sized version of my holder to fit them.

    Cheers
    Steve

  2. #12
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,730

    Re: Chroma Wet Plate Holders - Standard/custom sizes

    Hi Steve,

    No I don't want a custom size plate holder

    I think it's a mistake to make MORE sizes

    I will cut mine down to traditional 4X5 and to fit Mamiya RB holders, getting 2 plates from one!

    Soon I will order a 4X5 from you

    Quote Originally Posted by stevelmx5 View Post
    Hi Randy,

    Thanks a lot for your feedback, Iím really glad you like your new holder. Iíve just looked at your result in the other thread, thatís fantastic, especially for such old plates!

    Itís a shame about your old plates not fitting properly. If you want, I can draw up a custom sized version of my holder to fit them.

    Cheers
    Steve
    sin eater

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    23

    Re: Chroma Wet Plate Holders - Standard/custom sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Hi Steve,

    No I don't want a custom size plate holder

    I think it's a mistake to make MORE sizes

    I will cut mine down to traditional 4X5 and to fit Mamiya RB holders, getting 2 plates from one!

    Soon I will order a 4X5 from you
    No problem Randy, that sounds like a good idea to get two sizes out of one plate.

    Cheers
    Steve

  4. #14
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,730

    Re: Chroma Wet Plate Holders - Standard/custom sizes

    I just read the update email about your camera factory

    Carry on regardless!

    and I have a design variation on 4X5/2X3 wet plate holders you may consider, I know I want it

    I think a ridge that is just like the one on GRAFLOC Grafmatics would allow your holder to be used on more cameras, especially rangefinder 4X5 and 2x3, but also fixed distance cameras such as a Polaroid Mini-portrait 452 which has a GRAFLOC back

    I don't think the mod would affect the holders in any camera, but that's your job

    look at what can be done with a Polaroid Mini-portrait 452 with Graflok back here https://petapixel.com/2019/03/23/wet...rtrait-camera/

    I got a 452 yesterday shot a test FP-100c45 will be using Gramatics and perhaps your holder

    Polaroid 452 Test by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr


    Quote Originally Posted by stevelmx5 View Post
    No problem Randy, that sounds like a good idea to get two sizes out of one plate.

    Cheers
    Steve
    sin eater

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    23

    Re: Chroma Wet Plate Holders - Standard/custom sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I just read the update email about your camera factory

    Carry on regardless!

    and I have a design variation on 4X5/2X3 wet plate holders you may consider, I know I want it

    I think a ridge that is just like the one on GRAFLOC Grafmatics would allow your holder to be used on more cameras, especially rangefinder 4X5 and 2x3, but also fixed distance cameras such as a Polaroid Mini-portrait 452 which has a GRAFLOC back

    I don't think the mod would affect the holders in any camera, but that's your job

    look at what can be done with a Polaroid Mini-portrait 452 with Graflok back here https://petapixel.com/2019/03/23/wet...rtrait-camera/

    I got a 452 yesterday shot a test FP-100c45 will be using Gramatics and perhaps your holder

    Polaroid 452 Test by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

    Thanks for the feedback Randy. I don't currently offer a 2x3 holder, but I do 4x5 rangefinder compatible holders for Graflex Series D;

    https://chroma.camera/product/grafle...-plate-holder/

    Is this what you mean about ridges on the sides?

    Those Mini Portrait wet plates are fantastic too. They're certainly interesting cameras.

  6. #16
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,730

    Re: Chroma Wet Plate Holders - Standard/custom sizes

    Steve, yes the Grafloc needs 'ridges' just like the Graflex

    They are both 4X5 fiim size, but externally Graflex is 1/4" wider and has a locking slot where modern Grafloc has a locking ridge

    A Graflex back will not fit on a Grafloc camera

    I suggest making 2-1/4 X 3-1/4 Wet Plate holders as they will fit many cameras, some enlarge Wet Plate however way more scan/copy their plates for online sharing

    Mamiya RB is my example, a 6X8 cm Roll film holder with Grafloc 'ledges' and Mamiya sheet or plate holder with film sheaths. Dry plates good! Wet Plate would be a mistake...

    However look at the ridges on the 23 Grafmatic, the RB Roll film holder and the DDS 2-1/X 3-1/4 holder, which all fit any camera using that design

    Here are variations in pics

    3 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr


    4 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

    2 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

    1 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    sin eater

Similar Threads

  1. Traditional Wet Plate Sizes & Holders
    By Tin Can in forum Wet Plate
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3-Jun-2020, 15:15
  2. Plate sizes to standard sizes
    By Archphoto in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-Apr-2009, 14:06
  3. How do you print custom paper sizes on a 2100/2200
    By Yaakov Asher Sinclair in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Mar-2005, 14:31
  4. Using custom sizes with 9600
    By Gary Duehr in forum Business
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9-Sep-2004, 10:54

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •