Thread: Looking for Advice / Instructions to Replace Toyo Field 45A Bellows...

Looking for Advice / Instructions to Replace Toyo Field 45A Bellows...

Hi all,
    Simply looking for some insightful advice and/or instructions to replace my Toyo Field 45A bellows...

I have had new bellows for some time and have been putting off doing the replacement due to not having a clue where to start or what to do, so wanted to ask here to see who and how fellow users have done this before. What equipment/tools/materials do I need to do the work at home?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ian Martin

Re: Looking for Advice / Instructions to Replace Toyo Field 45A Bellows...

I just replaced the bellows on my 45A a few months ago, so the process is pretty fresh in my mind.
    I used my set of small screwdrivers, some small/medium-sized binder clips, contact adhesive, double-sided tape, and a pair of scissors.
    Depending on whether your new bellows came with frames installed, you may be able to skip a few steps from post 2 of this thread.
    I replaced the leaky original bellows with a new chinese-made "universal" bellows that I found on ebay. I've had no issues as of yet, other than having to trim a fair amount of fabric to trim at either end once the bellows frames were in place. The unfolded section near the front standard does indeed help with movements on wide lenses. The camera closes as well - unlike some replacement bellows I've read of in the past.

LF Photog - YouTuber

Re: Looking for Advice / Instructions to Replace Toyo Field 45A Bellows...

I just did this and shot a how-to video. I had trouble with the screws, but solved the problem. Hope this helps:

https://home.expertphoto.com/blog/20...5ax-45g-camera