Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobo CPP2 not heating

Re: Jobo CPP2 not heating

Not to sound like a siren harping the same tune, but take a look at immersion/sous-vide cooking units. They can handle what you're trying to do just fine, and can be sourced for under $100 readily online, new. I purchased a near-new Anova unit off the local classifieds for $80(half of new price) and it works fine for maintaining any temperature range I set it at. If you run a bath/shower/faucet to get water to near-temp as much as possible, then use the sous-vide for fine temp adjustment/control, it's really quite easy. So your Jobo would essentially only be acting as a circulation pump. Keep a couple frozen water bottles in the freezer to lower temperature, if needed. Re-freeze as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stone View Post
    Not to sound like a siren harping the same tune, but take a look at immersion/sous-vide cooking units. They can handle what you're trying to do just fine, and can be sourced for under $100 readily online, new. I purchased a near-new Anova unit off the local classifieds for $80(half of new price) and it works fine for maintaining any temperature range I set it at. If you run a bath/shower/faucet to get water to near-temp as much as possible, then use the sous-vide for fine temp adjustment/control, it's really quite easy. So your Jobo would essentially only be acting as a circulation pump. Keep a couple frozen water bottles in the freezer to lower temperature, if needed. Re-freeze as necessary.
    Not a bad idea. It would be handy for preheating bottles too. The sous-vide units have higher output heaters IIRC, definitely help to get the unit up to temperature faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stone View Post
    Yes it’s a great suggestion and something I will definitely do if I can’t manage to fix the issue with my Jobo as it is, it would be nice to be able to fix it though, could be a long shot, the unit was made in 1984 so it’s understandable that the part has failed!

Between here and there

Since you are in the UK, talk to Jobo in Germany directly. They were friendly and helpful when I asked a bunch of questions as to whether one could get a lift upgrade and checking if it was possible to refurbish my pretty old CPE2 unit (30 years old at least).
    "Be still and allow the mud to settle."