Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wet plate image sharing July 2020

Re: Wet plate image sharing July 2020

Beautiful creation!!

Foamer

I went out to the middle of South Dakota yesterday to meet up with Shane Balkowitsch, from Bismarck, ND. He had a project going where he was photo'ing the "Dignity" statue outside of Chamberlain, along with some local Lakota Sioux in full regalia. Shane does a lot of work with regional tribes shooting wet plate (ambrotypes.) He invited me out to assist. I managed to take a couple of photos myself when things were caught up. I was using my Kodak 2D 8x10 and brought four 19 C. lenses with focal lengths ranging from 9 inch to 22 in. Turned out the only one I used was the Darlot wide angle Hemispherique 9 in. I had just received it and a new lens board the day before so this was my first time using it. I like this lens! The lever stops are cool. This was a 22s exposure so I must have been at f22 or f32. (Haven't measured them yet.)

Kent in SD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dignity2.jpg   Dignity1.jpg  
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Nicely done, Kent.

Very educational

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    I went out to the middle of South Dakota yesterday to meet up with Shane Balkowitsch, from Bismarck, ND. He had a project going where he was photo'ing the "Dignity" statue outside of Chamberlain, along with some local Lakota Sioux in full regalia. Shane does a lot of work with regional tribes shooting wet plate (ambrotypes.) He invited me out to assist. I managed to take a couple of photos myself when things were caught up. I was using my Kodak 2D 8x10 and brought four 19 C. lenses with focal lengths ranging from 9 inch to 22 in. Turned out the only one I used was the Darlot wide angle Hemispherique 9 in. I had just received it and a new lens board the day before so this was my first time using it. I like this lens! The lever stops are cool. This was a 22s exposure so I must have been at f22 or f32. (Haven't measured them yet.)

Kent in SD
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post

Kent in SD

excellent! thanks for sharing, kent

Russ Fill
    San Diego when Im not working somewhere on the planet, or on the road.

Here is a quick test setup with my son that I did in front of our house to test some fresh chemistry to make sure it all worked as expected.
    This was on black glass.
    I asked him to give me his Im not happy with you look. You know teenagers don't have to work to hard to get there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200723_153447.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	206538
    Russ Fill
    Director of Photography
    https://www.russfill.com
    https://www.instagram.com/russfill/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fill View Post
    Here is a quick test setup with my son that I did in front of our house to test some fresh chemistry to make sure it all worked as expected.
    This was on black glass.
    I asked him to give me his Im not happy with you look. You know teenagers don't have to work to hard to get there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200723_153447.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	206538
    Great portrait, great attitude (his, not yours LOL)

By the way, there IS an August wet plate image sharing thread available now.

Russ Fill
    San Diego when Im not working somewhere on the planet, or on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Great portrait, great attitude (his, not yours LOL)

By the way, there IS an August wet plate image sharing thread available now.
    Oh, thank you, I didn't know they were monthly. look for and post there until next month.
    Russ Fill
    Director of Photography
    https://www.russfill.com
    https://www.instagram.com/russfill/?hl=en