Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My LED enlarger lightsource instructions / Complete parts list and build

Re: My LED enlarger lightsource instructions / Complete parts list and build

The files of this project can now be found on Github: https://github.com/Mglattfelder/Enla...ED-Lightsource
    I will post all code and documentation changes on Github and announce it in this forum
    Last edited by elgatosuizo; 29-Jul-2020 at 04:27.

That link does not work

Try again

Please!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    That link does not work

Try again

Please!
    Ops.. sorry! I copied the link as text from the first post (there it works) with the '...' in the url.
    It's fixed now.

Perfect now!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by elgatosuizo View Post
    Ops.. sorry! I copied the link as text from the first post (there it works) with the '...' in the url.
    It's fixed now.
    Tin Can

I'm just looking at the code now. I used to program C++ but not in 30 years. Are your own subroutines capitalized, and the rest are located where? In the "include" files?

I used to program C and this looks more C like than C++ (which when I was doing computer science in 93-95 was the thing for designing GUIs if you weren't interest in visual basic...) The includes reference the prerequisite libraries to install described in the comments at the top of the code file. If your compiler knows how to find the includes you should be good. Most of the parts I've ordered have not left China yet, so Randy et.al. are way ahead of me. I've received one items from the parts list so far. It'll probably be a couple weeks before I compile.

Ok, I found the language reference and libraries. https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    I used to program C and this looks more C like than C++ (which when I was doing computer science in 93-95 was the thing for designing GUIs if you weren't interest in visual basic...) The includes reference the prerequisite libraries to install described in the comments at the top of the code file. If your compiler knows how to find the includes you should be good. Most of the parts I've ordered have not left China yet, so Randy et.al. are way ahead of me. I've received one items from the parts list so far. It'll probably be a couple weeks before I compile.
    Yes, this C-like environment of Arduino is a different one than the composition of a C++ project. I also use C# and .NET for "higher" programs.
    My code is anything but well formed. As a programmer I come from a pragmatic corner and (out of laziness and false rebellion) I don't stick to conventions very much. In my job I am a kind of "crime scene cleaner" and "lone ranger" of stranded industrial projects: I get these up and running again, mostly with unspeakable extremely fast built prototypes, and then hand it over to the "best practice" guys who specify and track everything according to the rules. So I ask for your understanding. The joke is that I was actually a lawyer: Out of anger over the never finished and not working software projects I started programming and developed a talent to get complex things running faster. This was far less boring than dealing with the law.

As a guy who still thinks Morse Code is difficult

I am wondering about ANY dangers of Arduino Malware and poking around for any Truth

I wonder if this is up to date https://www.aboutchromebooks.com/new...-a-chromebook/

and how about Cloud coding with https://codebender.cc/ which seems ideal

Seems some think an Arduino cannot be made into invasive Malware through USB...
    Tin Can

There were rumors that Arduino could be used as hardware malware carrier trough the USB port. Honestly for someone that is willing to distribute maleware that way the Arduino community isn't a great target. Any China made USB device (cable, memory stick,...) can be a potential carrier of hardware maleware, and has a wider user base. So I don't see the use for an Arduino clone producer to get into this sort of things and risk even the low reputation he may have. The Arduino itself cannot be carrier of Maleware, but you can program an Arduino with Ethernet port to spread maleware, but you need to inject a library and get the people to use it. Otherwise you see in the plain INO file what is going on.
    Codeblender has no real advantages for me.