Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My LED enlarger lightsource instructions / Complete parts list and build

My LED enlarger lightsource instructions / Complete parts list and build

The manual I am publishing here is the result of requests I received in this thread
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...D-light-source

It's a complete guide for installing an LED light source in existing enlargers of any size.
    It also includes the complete instructions and parti list for a universal controller that works for all projects from 35mm to large format.

Important: This is a first, quite fast written version. There may still be some bugs here and there. I am therefore dependent on feedback.
    I have tried to make the manual in a way that people with a little bit of construction experience can also master the electronic parts. Those of you who have a lot to do with Arduino's will consider some parts unnecessary, but I wanted as many of you as possible to use the instructions anhd build a lightsource.

I'm looking forward to your feedback and possible modifications.

Here are the instructions
    LED Light controller for enlargers_global_1_0.pdf

And this is the (original) code (as *.txt fiel as it can't be uploaded as original file. I explain in the instruction how to use this file)
    colorhead_code_2_0.txt
    Sadly I had to remove the comments as there is a 18Kb klimit for *.txt files

NOTE: The actual files of this project can be found on Github: https://github.com/Mglattfelder/Enla...ED-Lightsource
    Use always the GitHub Version of the code as it's the last version.
    I will post all changes there and announce it in this forum
    Last edited by elgatosuizo; 27-Aug-2020 at 00:21.

Re: My LED enlarger lightsource instructions / Complete parts list and build

Awesome! Thank you so much for doing this!

Great

I have tried Arduino, a tiny bit

Will be studying your work this weekend

Too hot and humid to go outside

and Thank you!
    Tin Can

Thank you! I have parts on the way to build two of them (only need one) and will share how it goes for me. Perhaps if my first try comes out nice, I'll build one for someone else.
    I expect it will take a month to get the parts shipped and delivered.

This looks good to me because it looks like the controller is a generic controller for any WS2812b based matarix of just about any wattage? Is this true?
    I'm thinking of building the controller first and then trying to build the light panel and incorporate it into the enlarger.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    This looks good to me because it looks like the controller is a generic controller for any WS2812b based matarix of just about any wattage? Is this true?
    I'm thinking of building the controller first and then trying to build the light panel and incorporate it into the enlarger.
    Correct. It can control any ws2812b and compatible( there are some others that may work). The code has just a photographic specific function, but can be adapted to any use.
    Building first the controller it’s the best way. Maybe hook a small 4 LED module on (it’s so small it can be powered with the arduino USB cable) to test the controller first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to gather parts

Ordered Display you recomend first
    Tin Can

and now it is here from Shenzhen

Amazon can't do that

but it's in my quarantine queue for 24 hours like anything from outside this house

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Starting to gather parts

Ordered Display you recomend first
    Tin Can

Ordered the rest, everything from Amazon

Got a 16X16 matrix, I have diffusion plastic

I am in no rush, once it all gets here, Amazon is slower with non food these days

It will be tested on Beseler CB7

But may try a much larger head later, as the controller will work with more LED, add 3 more 16X16 to fill in for Aristo 12X12
    Tin Can

Wow this looks amazing. I would like to try this. Need to gather courage. Very generous to share your work.
    Best Regards Mike