Hi all and thanks for accepting me.
I’m a Romanian guy living in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
I have always been fascinated by the concept of imaging, irrespective of medium, technique or purpose. Through my teen years and then later, in adulthood, I experimented with various techniques and applications such as sketching, painting and drawing. Since discovering photography, about 14 years ago (on digital, obviously...), I have completely and hopelessly fallen in love with it.
I always loved the idea of shooting film but back in Romania, years ago, that sound almost an impossible dream. Moving in the UK opened up the possibility of going analog, which I did few years ago, starting with 35mm and going up for medium format (I am irretrievable in love with 6x6 format) and literally a couple of weeks ago stepped into the magical world of large format. I bought myself a Wista 45N which I guess is more than adequate for a novice like myself to start learning.
I am looking to capture the fabric of life through the gaping lenses of my cameras and also trying to do my own darkroom and alternative prints.