Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Hi all

Hi all and thanks for accepting me.
    I’m a Romanian guy living in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
    I have always been fascinated by the concept of imaging, irrespective of medium, technique or purpose. Through my teen years and then later, in adulthood, I experimented with various techniques and applications such as sketching, painting and drawing. Since discovering photography, about 14 years ago (on digital, obviously...), I have completely and hopelessly fallen in love with it.
    I always loved the idea of shooting film but back in Romania, years ago, that sound almost an impossible dream. Moving in the UK opened up the possibility of going analog, which I did few years ago, starting with 35mm and going up for medium format (I am irretrievable in love with 6x6 format) and literally a couple of weeks ago stepped into the magical world of large format. I bought myself a Wista 45N which I guess is more than adequate for a novice like myself to start learning.
    I am looking to capture the fabric of life through the gaping lenses of my cameras and also trying to do my own darkroom and alternative prints.

Re: Hi all

Welcome to the forum.....lots of expertise here on tap.....just ask away and you'll get any help you need!

Mike

Duplicate post
    Last edited by mpirie; 16-Jul-2020 at 04:44. Reason: Duplicate post

Welcome!
    Tin Can

Hi

I'm around 25 miles west of you............welcome to this site and you've already posted a really lovely Portrait (in the July '20 section) too

Good luck and best regards

Andrew

Welcome! My father's family on one side originated in Romania, in the Rubin family, but I have never been there. If you're processing B&W, you have Ilford right near by! -- at least, in the same country. The Wista will surely serve you well. Great photographs have been made with far simpler equipment.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Thank you. ��

Thank you ��

Thank you Andrew. Hope we’ll meet one day. ��

Thank you Philip. Romania definitely worth visiting so if you have a chance don’t miss it. As about Ilford, yep you’re right but doesn’t make it any cheaper ��