My son will be returning soon from Europe and will have to quarantine with me for 2 weeks. So I thought why not travel around and spread any potential contagion he may have picked up - no just kidding, I was thinking we'd go camping and see some of the west coast while he's here (he came here to go to high school in Los Angeles), while staying far away from others.

A colleague recommended Big Sur, I haven't checked all the campgrounds there, but so far all I've looked at are fully booked. It looks amazing though.

Another idea that struck me was to drive past Vegas and visit Bryce Canyon and Zion, although I expect both are pretty hot this time of the year. Maybe even the Grand Canyon, it doesn't seem to much further away. But we could head due west from there to the coast and see some of the sequoia national park on the way to the ocean where there are more redwoods, forests and beaches.

Again, we will be staying far away from other people and wearing masks anytime we're out and about, it seems to me a good way to use the time he has to be in quarantine anyway before going back to school (and where he's coming from there have been no new cases for over a month, I'm more worried about the airplane back to the US). If school even opens, it's looking more and more unlikely.

He's really into photography and hasn't had a chance to see much around here yet, and it would be a great opportunity for me to take the 4x5 out on a real road trip.

So my question is simple - can anyone recommend one or more camping spots in the general geography mentioned that are open, and more importantly that might still have available space? I.e. California, Nevada, western Utah or Arizona?

Thanks!