Thread: I rode on YARTS!

I rode on YARTS!

$20 r/t from Fresno to Yosemite Valley including entrance fee.
    Other routes depart from Merced, Mammoth Lakes and Sonora.
    You don't need a permit to enter the park on YARTS, which is why I rode the bus as the permits where sold out the day I needed to be up there.
    The Valley had reduced occupancy because of Covid, and the traffic was light and plenty of animals were out and about.
    However YARTS accesses Tuolumne Meadows, White Wolf and Mariposa Grove so there service to many trail heads accessing the back country.

No tram service in the Valley or Glacier Point this year though.

Put your LF kit in a backpack and you'll fit right in!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: I rode on YARTS!

Sounds like something from Dr. Seuss! But a question: is it possible to get the bus to stop and let you off someplace that is not necessarily a trail head (but is otherwise visually inspiring) - then flag down another bus after you've finished photographing at that location?

Tin Can

Of course...a Tardis! Plop down anywhere/anytime...plus - much bigger on the inside than on the outside! You know what this means? Yes...a Tardis Darkroom! Oh...this is so very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Sounds like something from Dr. Seuss! But a question: is it possible to get the bus to stop and let you off someplace that is not necessarily a trail head (but is otherwise visually inspiring) - then flag down another bus after you've finished photographing at that location?
    Probably not, but check their website.
    If so, you'd have wait a long time between buses.
    For example there are only three buses a day on the Hwy 41 route.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Of course...a Tardis! Plop down anywhere/anytime...plus - much bigger on the inside than on the outside! You know what this means? Yes...a Tardis Darkroom! Oh...this is so very exciting!
    Good luck with getting the environmental impact statements and the permits from the NPS.