Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wista 45 Graflok Back

Wista 45 Graflok Back

Hi all,

I'm new to LF - however I think I've tripped up.

I purchased a Wista 45 from a well-known auction site. It came with a 6x9 sliding back, however what I'm really after is the standard Graflok back, so I can attached film holders to it.

I can't seem to find a Graflok back anywhere - there's none in the Camera stores in the UK and nothing whatsoever on eBay or Buyee etc.

Can anyone suggest what my best plan is going forward? Does anyone know where I may be able to find one? Or would I have to return the camera and start all over again, this time with a back?

Much love.

Re: Wista 45 Graflok Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JoReggelt View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to LF - however I think I've tripped up.

I purchased a Wista 45 from a well-known auction site. It came with a 6x9 sliding back, however what I'm really after is the standard Graflok back, so I can attached film holders to it.

I can't seem to find a Graflok back anywhere - there's none in the Camera stores in the UK and nothing whatsoever on eBay or Buyee etc.

Can anyone suggest what my best plan is going forward? Does anyone know where I may be able to find one? Or would I have to return the camera and start all over again, this time with a back?

Much love.
    Any Wista dealer can order one from the factory or their distributor.

Re: Wista 45 Graflok Back

B&H currently lists the replacement 4x5 Graflok back for the wooden Wista cameras at $759.99, for the 45SP at $999.99 and for the 45VX and 45RF at $869.99. Unless dealer pricing is radically lower in the UK, you'd be better off returning the camera and getting another one complete with the 4x5 back.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    B&H currently lists the replacement 4x5 Graflok back for the wooden Wista cameras at $759.99, for the 45SP at $999.99 and for the 45VX and 45RF at $869.99. Unless dealer pricing is radically lower in the UK, you'd be better off returning the camera and getting another one complete with the 4x5 back.
    Unfortunately, I have the 45VX variant. At those prices, the camera body itself cost way less.

I can't even find a dealer for the UK, so I guess I'm going to have to send it back.

FWIW, the Wista website in Japan lists Teamwork as their UK distributor. But I see that the Teamwork website no longer lists Wista among their offered brands, so that may be out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    FWIW, the Wista website in Japan lists Teamwork as their UK distributor. But I see that the Teamwork website no longer lists Wista among their offered brands, so that may be out of date.
    It still lists HP Marketing as the US distributor and we closed in 2015.

Perhaps issue a WTB or WTB on this forum

You never know

Also post a pic of what you have now in this thread so we can see your problem
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Perhaps issue a WTB or WTB on this forum

You never know

Also post a pic of what you have now in this thread so we can see your problem
    The problem is his VX was equipped with the Wista accessory shift back that only accepted roll film holders that mounted to it. That shift back replaced the standard 45 back. His problem might be solvable if the seller still has the standard back. The VX was never sold by the factory with only the shift back.

cheaper to buy another camera....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wista-4X5-4...edirect=mobile

keep an eye on the classifieds, i got my camera for $300us right here in LF for sale section
    Last edited by Paul Ron; 14-Jul-2020 at 06:51.

Can you disassemble the back from the camera and replace it with any graflok back? If so it may be possible to find an old graflok back for speedgraphics and just mount it that way. Im sure your never going back to the 6x9 setup once it is done.