Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend any backpacks/suitcases to transport my LF camera/lenses/gear?

Re: Can anyone recommend any backpacks/suitcases to transport my LF camera/lenses/gea

I have back issues and can't get along with a backpack so I use this for my 8x10. When I want to carry more I have a cheap vinyl cooler I stack on top of it. I had a cheap bag with small wheels before this. The 6" wheels really help.

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-5...85031515&psc=1

Re: Can anyone recommend any backpacks/suitcases to transport my LF camera/lenses/gea

I bid on an "open box" Nanuk 935 for short money and got a non-OEM padded interior for it; it weighs 10lbs and fills my need for exact dimension for airline carry-on.
    It holds 5x7 Kodak 2D, 3 lenses, extension, and everything else I need except 5 film holders, unless I'm bringing a Nicola Perscheid 36cm in which case the film holders replace the lenses and all 4 lenses fit in another low-bid Nanuk case, a 915 model.
    So I guess you can assume I'm a big fan of Nanuk cases...
    I'm enjoying this thread; I'll eventually need something to carry into the woods but a wheeled case suits my current needs just right.
    Last edited by Bertha DeCool; 29-Jul-2020 at 19:27.

Quote Originally Posted by manfrominternet View Post
    Yeah, I've recently been looking at the f.64 BPX. How do you like it?

So far, I'm seriously considering either the f.64 BPX or the Neewer 2-in-1 Rolling Camera Backpack Trolley Case.

If I get the f.64 BPX, I wonder if I'm going to miss the wheels...

The Neewer 2-in-1 has wheels, but may just unnecessarily weigh the whole thing down.

f.64 BPX
    Attachment 205671 Attachment 205672

Neewer 2-in-1 Rolling Camera Backpack Trolley Case

Attachment 205673 Attachment 205674
    I settled on the F.64 over a wheelie type. The problem I found is that the handle and extension for wheelies goes right down the center. So I couldn't fit in my Chamonix 45H-1. A foldable F2 might work though. THe F.64 is pretty good. I don't like the fact that the shoulder harness assembly doesn't pack away. There's no real holders for tripod. It's pretty cheap comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    Another vote for the f64 BPX.

I've tried a few difference cases and keep coming back to the f64. As has been said, it's literally one large compartment which can be adjusted to suit the particular equipment you're carrying.

The one difference i have from the standard is to use fishing reel soft cases to hold two lenses each, so protecting them a bit more.

One thing i don't like is having to put the bag down with the harness side on the ground and you have to be careful not to pick up ticks etc when you lift it up again. If it could open from the harness side, then it'd be perfect.....at least for me.

Mike
    I was thinking of spraying mine with Permethrin for ticks. I wonder how long that would last?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    I was thinking of spraying mine with Permethrin for ticks. I wonder how long that would last?
    I got this information from Sawyer: https://sawyer.com/products/permethr...ent-treatment/

Lasts for 6 Weeks or 6 Washes
    Unlike topical insect repellents applied to the skin, Permethrin is applied to clothing and outdoor gear material, bonding to the fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks (42 days) or 6 washings.

After weeks of research, I ordered an f-stop Mountain Series Lotus backpack when it was on sale at B&H for $191.- Fantastic backpack for a LF kit!

Give us a review when you get it.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

A few years ago Ihad a Pelican backpack (soft) that was big enough to carry my 8x10 2D with one lens and the other things needed for an afternoon of shooting, but not more than that. It \was a bit more like a piece of luggage with an extendable handle and wheels. it needed some repair, as a foot was missing. i couldn't get Pelican to fix it for love nor money, which surprised me.

Has anyone else used one of these soft Pelican bags? What was your experience?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I get my 4x5 into a LowePro ProTactic 450 II easily but just tried the Gibellini 8x10 and there's no chance of it even almost fitting! Also have a monster Nikon 360mm f6.5 to compound matters. I just got the 8x10 and really questioning if I can realistically shoot it or will have to sell it. Anyone know of a backpack that'll carry an 8x10?