Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can anyone recommend any backpacks/suitcases to transport my LF camera/lenses/gear?

Re: Can anyone recommend any backpacks/suitcases to transport my LF camera/lenses/gea

Spoke to soon, little poking around and check what I've got and a Ultimaxx backpack for a Phantom Pro 4 drone works really well. Lens is in a wrap in the main compartment which is not ideal, but got 2 film holders back compartment in and could probably add another 2. Tripod on the side maybe, ok for an hours hike, not more

Re: Can anyone recommend any backpacks/suitcases to transport my LF camera/lenses/gea

Quote Originally Posted by faraz View Post
    Anyone know of a backpack that'll carry an 8x10?
    That's a topic that has been kicked around a lot, with the divide being between people who like dedicated "photo" packs, and those of us who gravitate toward adapting backpacking/military packs. If it were me, I'd be looking at something like a British Army Bergen (around 120 liters of DPM-goodness IIRC) but be sure the packbag itself is of a big enough diameter that you can fit your 8x10 inside.

Quote Originally Posted by faraz View Post
    I get my 4x5 into a LowePro ProTactic 450 II easily but just tried the Gibellini 8x10 and there's no chance of it even almost fitting! Also have a monster Nikon 360mm f6.5 to compound matters. I just got the 8x10 and really questioning if I can realistically shoot it or will have to sell it. Anyone know of a backpack that'll carry an 8x10?
    What are its dimensions folded?