Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens board light leak / lens board question

Intrepid Camera

Re: Lens board light leak / lens board question

Quote Originally Posted by smeylan View Post
    After re-seating my two lenses four times each and trying all combinations of electrical tape, I put a flashlight in the bellows and lo and behold the whole lens board glows. I feel slightly gaslit. This can't be normal, right? Attachment 205608
    That looks like it could be a fault with the lens board, we recently changed the material to FR4 from aluminium, is this a new board? It should be light proof but obviously if there is a fault with your specific board please send us a quick email (hello@theintrepidcamera.co.uk) and we will get a replacement out to you straight away

Reads as if you will get a new lensboard from intrepid, but you can probably also salvage that one with a few coats of black paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Grew View Post
    That looks like it could be a fault with the lens board, we recently changed the material to FR4 from aluminium, is this a new board? It should be light proof but obviously if there is a fault with your specific board please send us a quick email (hello@theintrepidcamera.co.uk) and we will get a replacement out to you straight away
    This is exactly right -- it looks like painted PCB and it shipped at the end of June. Covering the whole lensboard in electrical tape "solved" the problem. I will be in touch about a replacement. Thanks!