Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the options for Arca-Swiss in Europe?

Arca-Swiss

Re: What are the options for Arca-Swiss in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by mani View Post
    Thanks for the help Rod. I managed to ring Arca Swiss using the number posted by Emmanuel, and spoke to a very friendly and helpful person there.

I then sent the front standard and function carrier, and according to PostNord it arrived yesterday morning but I haven’t heard anything more yet.
    I’m hoping the upgrade can be squeezed in before the vacations in August, when the factory closes for the month.

To be honest I’m also still curious about the small grey retaining clips as a spare part - they seem to be a weak point in the overall very sturdy construction of the system. A broken or damaged clip pretty much disables the entire camera until fixed.
    Mani,
    These retainers are very difficult to set correctly. Frankly I have never, after nearly 20 years of use had one break. And my cameras have endured all kinds of climate. I have had my cameras in antarctica, China, the American Southwest(Arizona)

And Sweden, France and Germany in Europe. So pretty rare to have a problem with the retainers and also requires some training and special tools to properly install.

Just some info for you.
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

That’s great to hear. I wouldn’t have worried if I hadn’t seen one quite new model for sale with a broken retaining clip. But I have no idea how that happened.

Looks like I’ll need to give the French office a call on Monday as I never heard from them last week. I’m guessing my upgrade isn’t their highest priority before the August vacation - but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Great service from Arca Swiss! They turned around the Orbix conversion in just a couple days, and now the whole setup is on its way back to me. Really helpful and friendly service from everyone involved.

As a bonus, I was out with the 6x9 Arca yesterday and had a great time.