Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the options for Arca-Swiss in Europe?

What are the options for Arca-Swiss in Europe?

What are the options for Arca-Swiss in Europe? I'm a newcomer to the system, and wanted to get hold of a spare couple of the small board-retaining clips (the grey half-circle parts that click into place, to retain lensboards, backs or bellows), and therefore contacted what I think is the main dealer in Europe (at least the only online presence I've found - I'd rather not unnecessarily name names).
    They promised to get in touch with Arca-Swiss and get back to me, but never did.

I then tried to find some sort of email address for Arca-Swiss themselves, and found what seemed to be a company address in Switzerland, and wrote to them asking to buy some of these parts, but never received a reply there either.

These were meant as extra backup parts, so not really needed at the moment - I just saw someone else had this broken part problem, and thought the best way to avoid not being able to use the camera was to get some extras. So I gave up trying to get hold of these.

Now I'm intending to upgrade one of my front standards to the geared Micrometric Orbix system - and I just want to know which place is recommended?
    And has anyone else had any help from anyone in Europe for Arca-Swiss? Ironically, it looks like the US is the best place for Switzerland-based Arca-Swiss. Or am I missing something?

Re: What are the options for Arca-Swiss in Europe?

Hello from Besançon, France !

I'm living at about 6km / 3.7 miles from Arca Swiss International
    You should contact them directly here by phone and explain your problem.
    People at Arca Swiss International do speak English, French, German and Schwytzertütsch, Not sure about Swedish

ARCA - SWISS International
    29, Quartier de l' Europe, Espace Valentin,
    F-25048 Besançon (France)
    phone: (+33) 3 81 85 40 60

Thanks Emmanuel. I appreciate the information.

Maybe this is seen as charmingly old-fashioned in the internet age, and I've heard that Arca-Swiss is a family business, but I'm pretty amazed if they don't have at least an email address where they can answer simple queries. Or the simplest of webpages where they list contacts, retailers, or resources.

I'm tempted to offer them some help, free of charge, just to set-up something minimal along these lines.

But I guess I'll give them a ring. I just hope I don't need to make international calls every time I want to buy something.

Otherwise, is it the case that arca-shop.de are the default dealer in Europe?

Otherwise, is it the case that arca-shop.de are the default dealer in Europe?
    Of course not, there are several Arca Swiss authorized dealers in Europe!
    But being a European, you know what the language barrier can be!

In France you have the street shop "Le Moyen Format" in Paris which has a stock of second-hand Arca Swiss items
    http://lemoyenformat.com/MGWEBOCC.htm
    Le Moyen Format
    50, boulevard Beaumarchais Paris 75011 - 01 48 07 13 18 info@lemoyenformat.com

There is a another new & used equipment vendor in France for large format gear, he sometimes offers used Arca Swiss equipment
    http://www.adaflex.com/
    http://www.adaflex.com/pages/qui_sommes_nous.htm

And for new Arca Swiss equipment in France [no 2nd hand items] you have this authorized mail-order web site with a complete listing of all available products.
    https://www.arca-swiss-magasin.com/

But regarding spare parts, you should contact Arca Swiss International directly.
    I am not sure if they accept to sell spare parts to private customers, may be they only service A/S equipment and don't sell spare parts.
    Simply place a phone call.

Good luck!

Thank you again Emmanuel! I wish all my google-searching gave results as good as those I get from you!

Back in 2017 I was able to correspond with Arca-Swiss via the following email address:

support@arca-swiss.com

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel BIGLER View Post
    Hello from Besançon, France !

I'm living at about 6km / 3.7 miles from Arca Swiss International
    You should contact them directly here by phone and explain your problem.
    People at Arca Swiss International do speak English, French, German and Schwytzertütsch, Not sure about Swedish

ARCA - SWISS International
    29, Quartier de l' Europe, Espace Valentin,
    F-25048 Besançon (France)
    phone: (+33) 3 81 85 40 60
    Tried ringing again this afternoon and the phone was answered by a very charming and friendly person who was extremely helpful and informative. Totally transformed my opinion of the company.

Will be sending my front unit to them tomorrow for the Orbix conversion.
    Last edited by mani; 7-Jul-2020 at 07:34.

Arca-Swiss

Sorry, I missed this thread. I am available to help anyone anywhere concerning Large Format photography and, of course, Arca-Swiss use and products. I am the US representative, but I also taught large format photography for over 20 years at a College in Arizona, as well as numerous workshops all over the world. So if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me and I should be able to either answer your question, or direct you to where an answer may be found.

Emmanuel Bigler is a friend of mine, and also a resource for some information, as well.

Be well and stay safe.
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

Arca-Swiss

One more info point: The Arca-Swiss information and support email in Europe is: Support@Arca-Swiss.com

I hope this helps,

Rod
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

Thanks for the help Rod. I managed to ring Arca Swiss using the number posted by Emmanuel, and spoke to a very friendly and helpful person there.

I then sent the front standard and function carrier, and according to PostNord it arrived yesterday morning but I haven’t heard anything more yet.
    I’m hoping the upgrade can be squeezed in before the vacations in August, when the factory closes for the month.

To be honest I’m also still curious about the small grey retaining clips as a spare part - they seem to be a weak point in the overall very sturdy construction of the system. A broken or damaged clip pretty much disables the entire camera until fixed.