Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E-Bay: What can I do If the buyer won't Pay?

Re: E-Bay: What can I do If the buyer won't Pay?

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4412857

I suppose the patent on the Leica Summicron is expired, so China is just doing what they do. But they also do it with patented items. I could care less what name they stamp on it. If they reverse engineer a Summicron, F-22 fighter, iPhone, or Rolex watch and then start making "clones", what is the ancient patent system of the west good for?

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4412857

An associated side issue is "where is the money being paid from"

I recently sold an item on eBay payable in Pounds Sterling with a delivery address in the UK.
    However, the Pounds Sterling amount was paid for by an account somewhere outside of the UK.
    PayPal promptly and without prior warning, deducted an extra 2% for cross-border fee!!!!
    Extended communication with PayPal achieved nothing!!!!!!

Regarding delayed/no payment of an item. If the item is not paid with an 'instant payment' then I issue an invoice and if nothing happens I contact the buyer and then eBay to cancel the transaction.

HOWEVER, no payment no delivery of the item.

Very frustrating, but ..........

regards
    Tony

Re. Stanly: It was a good deal. Only time will tell if the replacement item will last as long.

Re. Summion: Patents never bothered the Chinese or the Soviets either. Look at the Leica and Hasselblad knock-offs. I suppose that Voightlander is licensing what they do.

Re. E-bay & PayPal: I have canceled the sale and relisted the item. Thanks for all the good advice.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

About five years ago I bought a LowePro sling bag ("Slingshot . . .Flipside?) off the junk table at a Houston camera shop. It was well used and one zippwer was broken on an auxiliary pocket. I think I paid around $10.

Riding the buss to somewhere else I thought about getting the zipper fixed and stopped at a large outdoor gear store that sold backpacks. I figured that someone there would know of a zipper wizard that could jimmy the slider back on track. They said theu could take care of iit; took my camera bag and my contact info. A week later they called to say I could pick up my bag. When I got there, they handed me a brand new bag with tags in the factory packaging! And no charge! Turns out, they sold a limited line of LowePro bags and this one somehow was covered by warranty.

Usually I get a bag with stuff in it that I have bought, or as in this case its beat but cheap.
    Now it has been a long time since I bought a camera bag as brand new in the packaging. I gifted the new bag to our Daughter-in-Law for her Nikon 810.

Sometimes the stars do line up right.
    Last edited by Drew Bedo; 7-Jul-2020 at 09:18.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!