Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intrepid 5x7 Holder preview

Between here and there

Re: Intrepid 5x7 Holder preview

It is always good to see that 5x7 (or in my case 13x18 cm) is getting some attention, and that anyone starting out in the format will have some off-the-shelf solutions.

Buy 25 of these and you can load a whole box of film in one go.
    "Be still and allow the mud to settle."

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    It is always good to see that 5x7 (or in my case 13x18 cm) is getting some attention, and that anyone starting out in the format will have some off-the-shelf solutions.

Buy 25 of these and you can load a whole box of film in one go.
    Thanks Jimi, it's a lovely format and we are really happy to add it to the line up.

As for the film holder, we have had a lot of feedback already that access to 5x7 holders is going to be a bit of a problem. We will be going full steam ahead with our holder and hope to have something on the website for sale by the end of the month. We are reaching the final stages of prototyping in the workshop, I just need to spend a load of time in the field/darkroom with the holder to see how durable and user friendly it is. If I can get the dark-slide to move in and out as nice as the new TOYO holders we sell then I know i'm on the right track!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Grew View Post
    Thanks Jimi, it's a lovely format and we are really happy to add it to the line up.

As for the film holder, we have had a lot of feedback already that access to 5x7 holders is going to be a bit of a problem. We will be going full steam ahead with our holder and hope to have something on the website for sale by the end of the month. We are reaching the final stages of prototyping in the workshop, I just need to spend a load of time in the field/darkroom with the holder to see how durable and user friendly it is. If I can get the dark-slide to move in and out as nice as the new TOYO holders we sell then I know i'm on the right track!
    How about supporting your 8x10 cameras with an ancillary and simplistic venue. Since you clearly have the proper material and the ability to CNC cut dark slides internally, how about doing a batch of Fidelity/Lisco 8x10 dark slide replacements since a cracked / aged dark slide renders the holder useless and Fidelity holders use a standard size dark slide and are the most in use. I would step for to 2-3 dozen of these myself.

Chamonix 5x7 that holds 2 sheets is $185.00 for comparison.

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    How about supporting your 8x10 cameras with an ancillary and simplistic venue. Since you clearly have the proper material and the ability to CNC cut dark slides internally, how about doing a batch of Fidelity/Lisco 8x10 dark slide replacements since a cracked / aged dark slide renders the holder useless and Fidelity holders use a standard size dark slide and are the most in use. I would step for to 2-3 dozen of these myself.
    Hi Michael, I think that Cat Labs already sells what you are taking about. Certainly something I will consider producing though!