Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Intrepid 5x7 Holder preview

  1. #11
    Between here and there
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Sweden & Germany
    Posts
    514

    Re: Intrepid 5x7 Holder preview

    It is always good to see that 5x7 (or in my case 13x18 cm) is getting some attention, and that anyone starting out in the format will have some off-the-shelf solutions.

    Buy 25 of these and you can load a whole box of film in one go.
    "Be still and allow the mud to settle."

  2. #12
    Intrepid Camera
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    56

    Re: Intrepid 5x7 Holder preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    It is always good to see that 5x7 (or in my case 13x18 cm) is getting some attention, and that anyone starting out in the format will have some off-the-shelf solutions.

    Buy 25 of these and you can load a whole box of film in one go.
    Thanks Jimi, it's a lovely format and we are really happy to add it to the line up.

    As for the film holder, we have had a lot of feedback already that access to 5x7 holders is going to be a bit of a problem. We will be going full steam ahead with our holder and hope to have something on the website for sale by the end of the month. We are reaching the final stages of prototyping in the workshop, I just need to spend a load of time in the field/darkroom with the holder to see how durable and user friendly it is. If I can get the dark-slide to move in and out as nice as the new TOYO holders we sell then I know i'm on the right track!

  3. #13

    Re: Intrepid 5x7 Holder preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Grew View Post
    Thanks Jimi, it's a lovely format and we are really happy to add it to the line up.

    As for the film holder, we have had a lot of feedback already that access to 5x7 holders is going to be a bit of a problem. We will be going full steam ahead with our holder and hope to have something on the website for sale by the end of the month. We are reaching the final stages of prototyping in the workshop, I just need to spend a load of time in the field/darkroom with the holder to see how durable and user friendly it is. If I can get the dark-slide to move in and out as nice as the new TOYO holders we sell then I know i'm on the right track!
    How about supporting your 8x10 cameras with an ancillary and simplistic venue. Since you clearly have the proper material and the ability to CNC cut dark slides internally, how about doing a batch of Fidelity/Lisco 8x10 dark slide replacements since a cracked / aged dark slide renders the holder useless and Fidelity holders use a standard size dark slide and are the most in use. I would step for to 2-3 dozen of these myself.

  4. #14
    ic-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,728

    Re: Intrepid 5x7 Holder preview

    Chamonix 5x7 that holds 2 sheets is $185.00 for comparison.

  5. #15
    Intrepid Camera
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    56

    Re: Intrepid 5x7 Holder preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    How about supporting your 8x10 cameras with an ancillary and simplistic venue. Since you clearly have the proper material and the ability to CNC cut dark slides internally, how about doing a batch of Fidelity/Lisco 8x10 dark slide replacements since a cracked / aged dark slide renders the holder useless and Fidelity holders use a standard size dark slide and are the most in use. I would step for to 2-3 dozen of these myself.
    Hi Michael, I think that Cat Labs already sells what you are taking about. Certainly something I will consider producing though!

Similar Threads

  1. Preview lever stuck?
    By md-photo in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 7-Sep-2019, 15:40
  2. Digital preview for LF cameras
    By Brian C. Miller in forum LF DIY (Do It Yourself)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7-Mar-2013, 09:44
  3. Sneak Preview?
    By Michael Graves in forum On Photography
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-Feb-2008, 17:44
  4. Best digital camera for 4x5 preview?
    By Mary Parisi in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-Dec-2004, 21:59

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •