Thread: Meridian Model B 4x5

Meridian Model B 4x5

For the past couple of weeks, I've been eyeing the subject camera at my local used dealer via eBay. Yesterday, I decided to go ahead and buy it. I did a bit of research, and the features do remind me a bit of the Linhof Technical cameras. The camera is in excellent condition; the bellows are still supple and light tight. A couple of the lock-down screws could probably stand a bit of lube on the threads, but everything moves well. It was missing the rangefinder, and sports finder frames, but I intend to use it as a field camera that has more movements than my Busch and my Super Graphic.

Several of the articles mentioned that Graphic View lens board could be used, and I already have several lenses mounted on those type boards, and I use them with my Cambo with their adapter lens board. However, when I got it home, I found that the Graphic View boards wouldn't seat flush because the inside rim interferes with seating the board.

The other option is to make a few boards using 4x4x.125 aluminum plate.

Any other suggestions or ideas for lens boards? Not sure of wood, but that might be an option.
    Best,
    Dennis

Re: Meridian Model B 4x5

Beseler enlarger lens boards are 4"X4" and flat. They will go right on. Most of my lenses are on Pacemaker Graphic boards. I obtained a Graphic adapter board meant to mount lenses in Pacemaker boards on Graphic view. By milling off the ridge, it now mounts right up on the Beseler enlarger and allows the use of any of my Pacemaker-mounted lenses. You could do the same with one of those adapters and use the lenses from your Super Graphic on the Meridian.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Chaves View Post
    Beseler enlarger lens boards are 4"X4" and flat. They will go right on. Most of my lenses are on Pacemaker Graphic boards. I obtained a Graphic adapter board meant to mount lenses in Pacemaker boards on Graphic view. By milling off the ridge, it now mounts right up on the Beseler enlarger and allows the use of any of my Pacemaker-mounted lenses. You could do the same with one of those adapters and use the lenses from your Super Graphic on the Meridian.
    I agree, I use the 4X4" Graphic View adapter board to Super Gtaphic lenses on my Meridian 45B. Great camera!

The Meridian 45B serves me well. For lens boards, I cut 1/8" (0.125) aluminum flat stock to 4 by 4, then drill the appropriate hole with a hole saw on a drill. Some will say this is an extremely dangerous approach (there is a thread about this somewhere), and it could be if proper precautions are not made. But I have never had problems with simple clamping and cautious drill speeds.

But the Beseler board idea is a great one. If you don't already have the tools, it is probably the cheapest option.