Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: B's 4x5 reel, experiences?

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    974

    Re: B's 4x5 reel, experiences?

    OK, if we're going to talk alternatives instead of using the B's reel, I can highly recommend the B&W King stainless steel tank (eBay) or a used Nikkor 4x5 stainless steel tank. I've never used a Nikkor tank, but have developed hundreds of sheets in the B&W tank; and, it holds many sheets of film.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    25

    Re: B's 4x5 reel, experiences?

    Thanks, Daniel. I bought a MOD54 to try. I'll probably sell the B's reel since other people really like it but it's not working for me.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Buford, GA
    Posts
    13,405

    Re: B's 4x5 reel, experiences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    OK, if we're going to talk alternatives instead of using the B's reel, I can highly recommend the B&W King stainless steel tank (eBay) or a used Nikkor 4x5 stainless steel tank. I've never used a Nikkor tank, but have developed hundreds of sheets in the B&W tank; and, it holds many sheets of film.
    If you’ve never used the Nikkor tank how can you highly recommend it?

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    974

    Re: B's 4x5 reel, experiences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    If you’ve never used the Nikkor tank how can you highly recommend it?
    I figured that since the Nikkor tank is very similar in design to the B&W King tank similar results would be obtained. That said, perhaps I worded it poorly. I can recommend the B&W King tank. The Nikkor tank is simply another possible solution for 4x5 film development.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Buford, GA
    Posts
    13,405

    Re: B's 4x5 reel, experiences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    I figured that since the Nikkor tank is very similar in design to the B&W King tank similar results would be obtained. That said, perhaps I worded it poorly. I can recommend the B&W King tank. The Nikkor tank is simply another possible solution for 4x5 film development.
    So is the CombiPlan T for daylight developing and the CombiPlan L for dark processing.

Similar Threads

  1. SP-445 C-41 experiences?
    By kaif in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-Sep-2017, 09:08
  2. Experiences with Arista E-6 kit
    By Jim Andrada in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-May-2013, 18:13
  3. Experiences with the Phillips 4x5
    By David Payumo in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-Dec-2001, 00:47

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •