Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: Post your churches (medium format)

Re: Post your churches (medium format)

Quote Originally Posted by John Earley View Post

St. John's Episcopal Church, Richmond VA
    by JOHN EARLEY, on Flickr
    Bronica ETRsi 6x4.5 TMax 100 V800 scanner
    That's the first time I have seen that view. Is it from the steps at the front gate, or a ground view from the yard? Very nice.

Flickr
    St Johannskapelle, Villnoss, South Tirol. Fuji GW680 iii, Ilford FP4+, 16"x20" print on Ilford Warmtone FB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1634.jpg  
    Last edited by Greg Y; 22-Nov-2021 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    Why on earth do we need a specialty thread for medium format church photography, or for any particular subject matter, on a Large Format (view camera) Photography site? We already have threads for medium format images and for 35mm images. But opening threads like this carries it too far.

After all, there are plenty of sites that emphasize MF. Go post the images over there. But, not here. (I could see a thread like this in the Lounge.) I guess I also dislike this thread, because some of the images above are negatively affected by keystoning, which is contrary to the LF values that are espoused on this site.

To be sure, I like medium format, especially MF view cameras. But, this site has taken a stand against discussing smaller than LF cameras and equipment, except in the Lounge. I think that it should take a stand against these sorts of threads as well.
    Just so I am clear on the 'rules'. Images made with a medium format camera are ok, as long as all parallel lines are rendered so.
    How about images originating with a large format camera intentionally showing converging parallel lines?

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    It's different in that it's LF on an LF site.

I'm OK with Safe Haven for MF. But, I disagree with any specificity beyond that. Or, The Lounge.
    But this is the Everything Else forum, and I read to that to be everything except LF images and discussion, which has it's own forum full of specialty subjects dedicated to Large Format (even churches, if I recall). Perhaps you can ignore threads you disagree about? Just a thought.

Neil, this thread is specifically in the subforum set aside for people who want to show their work from smaller cameras. That’s why it’s called “everything else”, as opposed to “large format”.

You may be missing what subforum it’s in if you are looking at “new posts”.

Yes, it’s in the section normally reserved for large format as the exception we allow for large-format photographers who also work in smaller formats and want to show that work to their friends here without having to dig through non-image-sharing threads in the lounge.

Rick “an addition we made several years ago” Denney

Before this gets out of hand: we're not going to impose heavy-handed moderation here. The purpose of the subforum is simply to provide an opportunity to share and enjoy the work that so many of us are doing in other formats, subject only to the same rules that apply to LF picture-sharing so that the Forum doesn't get into trouble with illegal, violent or NSFW material. There's no other agenda.

Taking off my moderator's hat and speaking as a member, I enjoy seeing what everyone is up to in their other photographic pursuits.

Please carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post

Taking off my moderator's hat and speaking as a member, I enjoy seeing what everyone is up to in their other photographic pursuits.

Please carry on!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-img013.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	208547

Kirkyard, Anstruther, Scotland

FujiGW670
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 13-Oct-2020 at 15:47. Reason: Fixed the quotation tags

Small town, South Carolina, US

"Taking off my moderator's hat and speaking as a member, I enjoy seeing what everyone is up to in their other photographic pursuits.

Please carry on!"

Totally agree!

Russian Orthodox Church, Eklutna, Alaska, in 2018 before it was damaged by the recent earthquake. Pentax 645z, 45-85 zoom.

Rick “probably shown here before” Denney

I'm enjoying seeing these too!