Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mammography film

Re: Mammography film

18x24 Mammo Sinar Norma 300 Xenar Arista No 2 RC by Nokton48, on Flickr

Second test of 18x24cm Kodak Min-R XRay film developed 18 minutes at 60F Straight replenished Legacy Mic-X in Cesco trays. 300mm Schneider Xenar barrel lens f22 Yellow Filter. Four pops Broncolor C171 Beauty Light Contact Print 8x10 Arista #2 RC Multigrade dev. Again interesting how the red flowers go deep black.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

18x24cm Mammo Norma 121mm F45 18 pops C171 Beauty Light Grid by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing Kodak Mammography 18x24cm in HC-110 "H" 6.5 mins at ambient. 8x10 Sinar Norma 121mm F8 Sinar Norma Schneider Super Angulon on Norma Vertical Copy Arrangement. Shooting straight down at F45. Broncolor C171 Monolight with Broncolor Blue Pulso Beauty Dish, popped eighteen times with shutter on "B" to build up the density. Contact printed Omega DII with Omega;ite Arista RC #2 Matte paper Multigrade developer. Digital background shot by Tim Layton and was blown up by me at Costco. It was dark red so I guess I should have expected a lack of density on the right. Live and learn. Highlight tonality looks decent to me. 18x24 XRay film is easy and fun to shoot

― Mark Twain

18x24 Mammo Shortie Sawed Off Norma by Nokton48, on Flickr

his is a test shot (my Shorty Norma) French Kodak 18x24cm Mammo Film, processed in D23 1:1. Taking camera is my new Annie/Avedon inspired 8x10 Norma. I applied 30 degrees of front and rear swing, the Norma original recessed lensboard is sharp all the way across the field. I like how the DOF drops off with the 360mm f5.6 Norma Symmar. There appears to be highlight blooming, which I find kind of attractive. Best thing about this film was that it was not at all expensive. And I have a lot of it. Like 500 sheets right now. 28 cents per exposure

My "Shorty Sawed-Off Norma" has a basic rail cut down, to just accomodate a 120mm lens. Here it is shown with the 47mm f8 Super Angulon, which I am looking forward to using a lot with 2x3 and 6x9. This is not a telephoto camera, but I can easily lift and carry it with one hand without strain. The lowly Star-D tripod is sturdy enough with this setup, given proper time to settle down. I cut both ends off a basic Norma rail with my Lil Machine Shop Bandsaw. So it is now simply a hollow tube perfect length for Field and Architecture.

I'd take this rig over a wooden field camera IMO. Radical camera movements are easily possible. Accessories are abundant. Weight cut down to bare minimum. Really shines with 2x3 and 6x9. Does all I need to do with 4x5 wide. Really light to carry around, can carry it one-handed. Normas are priced across the board, I paid a lot for my first one. Bargains are around too
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 11-Nov-2022 at 07:12.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    18x24 Mammo Shortie Sawed Off Norma by Nokton48, on Flickr

his is a test shot (my Shorty Norma) French Kodak 18x24cm Mammo Film, processed in D23 1:1. Taking camera is my new Annie/Avedon inspired 8x10 Norma. I applied 30 degrees of front and rear swing, the Norma original recessed lensboard is sharp all the way across the field. I like how the DOF drops off with the 360mm f5.6 Norma Symmar. There appears to be highlight blooming, which I find kind of attractive. Best thing about this film was that it was not at all expensive. And I have a lot of it

My "Shorty Sawed-Off Norma" has a basic rail cut down, to just accomodate a 120mm lens. Here it is shown with the 47mm f8 Super Angulon, which I am looking forward to using a lot with 2x3 and 6x9. This is not a telephoto camera, but I can easily lift and carry it with one hand without strain. The lowly Star-D tripod is sturdy enough with this setup, given proper time to settle down. I cut both ends off a basic Norma rail with my Lil Machine Shop Bandsaw. So it is now simply a hollow tube perfect length for Field and Architecture.

I'd take this rig over a wooden field camera IMO. Radical camera movements are easily possible. Accessories are abundant. Weight cut down to bare minimum. Really shines with 2x3 and 6x9. Does all I need to do with 4x5 wide. Really light to carry around, can carry it one-handed. Normas are priced across the board, I paid a lot for my first one. Bargains are around too
    Wow...it looks amazing

I bought it for $225 without bellows (no need for that). So Yep also an amazing deal. Knobs don't lock so this is a later vintage Norma. Self locking knobs, some prefer to lock 'em. Me I just use both about the same. Cheap as an old Calumet C400 LOL. A Norma 4x5 camera was once on display for a time at MOMA in NYC, amongst other "design objects". So beautiful technical camera design on huge public display for a while

http://www.glennview.com/sinar.htm

If you want to go down the Norma rabbit hole, check out Glenn

― Mark Twain

SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is the Fiskar Cutter Jim Galli directed me to. Bought cheaply on Ebay, got four new 45mm blades at the local fabric store. Great cutter! I see why he likes it! Here is my cutting setup, set up for cutting 18x24cm sheets from the huge roll of 24cm Agfa Aviphot. Same emulsion as Rollei 400s, basically. Identical if not the same. Has some slight Infared effect that is very pleasing. I've been shooting this film as Rollei 400s in fresh 70mm, and I like it. Between the Mammo Film, Agfa Aviphot, and Fuji HRU I am all set for 8x10 size shoots. Something I can do in winter times. I have eight 18x24cm original olde wooden Sinar Film Holders that are perfect for shooting this stuff. If I contact print on 8x10 paper, it makes a nice wide black border that I like.

Of course I have to spin the plastic cylinder of film so it is oriented for easy cutting. I will set up some wooden stops to hold the biggie roll so it doesn't slide around in the dark. That's about it for now

The Fiskar's blade goes into 45 pivot mode so no way to scratch the film. Good design

― Mark Twain

― Mark Twain

More great input from Jim Galli:

"FWIW I simply put the spool in an 11X14 tray a few inches away and it just friction rolls against the edge of the tray. 18X24 is brilliant. The 24 is already done, just roll out 18cm and cut"

I have worked a bit on my stash of black wooden Sinar Norma 18x24cm holders, will clean further, and dust them all out, and start loading some of this stock up. Fun ahead.....

Here is an ongoing thread regarding taming the Agfa Aviphot aerial films. Planning to try two bath ME-CD4 developer, it seems to hold great promise. https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...182434/page-10 I did get some CD4
    bulk chemicals from Photographer's Formulary

I repeat the MeCD4 formula here:
    Bath A
    Metol...............................1g
    Sodium Sulfite anh..........35g
    Color developer CD-4......4g
    Sodium Metabisulfite........1g
    Water to............................1L

Bath B
    Sodium Sulfite anh............35g
    Sodium Carbonate anh......30g
    Water to..............................1L

Develop 3m +3m 25C, correct the time for other temperatures, I use the Ilfordphoto chart.
    Agitate in Bath A 2 inversions every 30s
    Agitate in Bath B 2 inversions at start and 2 inversions at half time only.

MeCD4 flattens the S curve of the Aviphot films to some extent giving EI=200 for Aviphot 200

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    MINR XRay Test 1 210mm Componon F22 Two Pops C171 by Nokton48, on Flickr

18x24cm Kodak MIN-R Mammography film cut into 4x5s. Sinar Norma Broncolor C171 with Broncolor Pulso Beauty Dish. Two strobe pops with Sinar Norma Shutter, multiple pops are no problem. Schneider chrome Componon lens at F22. Lisco Regal 4x5 film holder. Legacy Mic-X film dev 8 mins at 68F Aristo 8x10 #2 RC print Multigrade dev
    całe filmy vod
    Sinar Norma 18x24 Lisco Holders XRAY by Nokton48, on Flickr
    bo sie boi obejrzyj online
    Kodak Min-R Single Sided Mammography 18x24cm by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Omg great photos! It looks professional

Thank You

― Mark Twain