Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Durst 138S - asking for detailed instructions

Re: Durst 138S - asking for detailed instructions

Well The knob that sticks out straight to the front is the one that fixes the table. I have one of these with a foot peddle and one has no peddle but they both have the knob in front to tighten. You will, I think, find the wire's blunt end has slipped out of its notch.

cowanw: I hope it's that simple Thanks for the help

Hi guys remember me?

After close to 9 months I have solved this issue and I'm posting the solution here in case anyone ever needs the info. Anyhow I ended up contacting 2 vendors selling Durst 138 carrying arms and they both told me the same thing: they had only taken them apart so didn't know how to put them back together and it was **really hard**. So as the months passed and my enlarger baseboard was not fixed I found another vendor (in Germany btw) listing carrying arms and contacted him. Here is the solution and it's so easy I literally cried. He did a video for me but I'm not posting it because I don't know if he'd be ok with that (he probably would he's a nice guy but it doesn't require a video).

I did buy a carrying arm from the German vendor. Guaranteed totally restored. It should be here within the week.

In order to install a carrying arm you need 1 (one) person and a 24mm socket wrench (or whatever is referred to as a "key" in Germany-photo included).

You only need to put the carrier on the column. Because of the spring, you have to turn the main screw (the big one on the left of the arm) to the left and hold it tight, so the weight is released and it can be easily mounted. You lift the (now released of tension) smaller clamp and place it on the lower column, turn the big screw back to the right and voila! You have a functional baseboard lift mechanism.

ic-racer: maybe this'll fix yours???Pere Casals: thank you for the interflon recommendation, I put that on everything! *lol*[ATTACH=CONFIG]213492 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carrying arm marked.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	213493
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210226_113047.jpg  

Thanks for the update and glad you found a solution! And yes, the German word for "key" and for "wrench" is one and the same ("Schlüssel"), so this explains the confusion in the terminology, you figured that out correctly!

Good work!

Hi there

I'll post the video but when I try it asks me for a url. The video is on my backup drive which is close to full so no url and what happens when I disconnect it? Is there any way
    to upload the video so it stays permanently? It's short ... it'd help because you don't turn the screw all the way left, you kind of turn it and test the little collar for
    tension. When it's loose enough you (with your free right hand no less) lift up the little collar plop it on the column and tighten the screw to the right.