Thread: ColorTrio for ScanMate Plus

Question ColorTrio for ScanMate Plus

Hi,

I'm looking for a version of ColorTrio for the ScanMate Plus. I've found what probably is version 1.1 (Based on the document called 'ColorTrio 1.1 Reference.pdf'), which supports the ScanMate Plus II and some others, but I've not found an older version that would support the original ScanMate Plus.

Is anyone using that scanner, has working software for it, is just happens to have collected old ColorTrio or ColorQuartett versions?

Cheers,
    Heinz

Re: ColorTrio for ScanMate Plus

Hi, I am using ScanMate 5000, but I never got the software dongle to work on my PC or MAC. Therefore I am scanning .tiff files. Post processing is done in PS. I have the licence dongle somewhere.
    Henry Valtonen, Helsinki
    -----------------------
    8x10" landscapes

>> I never got the software dongle to work on my PC or MAC
    No dongle is actually required. There is a workaround.
    Each time , before using CTrio set the date on you computer to the one when the CTrio was first installed. For as long as computer date stays within the 30-day trial period it operates with no restrictions.

>> I'm looking for a version of ColorTrio for the ScanMate Plus.
    Did you try the latest version with it ? Often the old code is carried on from version to version and stays in-tact and works. Vendors just drop the official support for the old code.

Oh other ScanMate users (Well not a user yet myself, more a ScanMate on-the-desk-haver) may I pester you with some questions:

Do you see the ScanMate in the device manager? Could you share a screenshot so I know what to look for? I don't see it but it definitely reacts (running CQ or CT turns on the red "operating" LED).

Sergey, I tried 5.2 for windows, that's that last version I could find. When I start CQscan (as admin) the red LED blinks for a second then "No scanner found" is displayed. If I wait for a minute or two and "Retry" the red scanner light turns on constantly and the software works for a short moment, then returns to "No scanner found".

That's why my suspicion is some version incompatibility, there clearly is a conversation happening of some sort, the software has an effect on the scanner.