Thread: Copal 3 Shutters on Chamonix 57N

Copal 3 Shutters on Chamonix 57N

I was attempting to mount my 240/5.6 to my 57N recently and I was having a heck of a time. The aperture lever appears to hit the front standard when mounting the board which 1. makes it difficult to lock in place, and 2. makes it of course impossible to operate if you get it locked in.

Are you just not meant to mount Copal 3 shutters to this camera? On my 810V I have a Linhoff to Sinar adapter made by Chamonix. It works by having flattened cut outs on the sides. So if you mount the lens 'sideways' (shutter speeds on the left or right instead of on top) the lever fits in with just enough space to move from 5.6-64. There is no similar cut out on the 57N though... Obviously I have no trouble with smaller shutters.

Just thought I'd check because I thought that 240/5.6 lenses were standard on 5x7, though maybe because this is a more compact model there was no intention for Copal 3 shutters.

Re: Copal 3 Shutters on Chamonix 57N

I use copal 3 on 45N without problem. It might be how you mounted the lens on the board. Can you upload a photo?

Copal 3 shutters generally come with a spacer ring to move the shutter about 10mm away from the lens board. This also lets the shutter controls be used easily.

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Copal 3 shutters generally come with a spacer ring to move the shutter about 10mm away from the lens board. This also lets the shutter controls be used easily.

Kumar
    I do see the spacer ring. Right now it's mounted in the rear, are you saying I should put it behind the shutter in the front side of the lens board?

Yes, the spacer goes on the front of the lens board.

Kumar

Yep, can confirm that to mount a C3 on my 45NII, the spacer needs to go between the shutter body and the front of the lensboard.