Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: e-Bay and my first sale

Re: e-Bay and my first sale

On eBay shipping charges - be aware that at times they are lower than what you will pay when you take the item to the shipper.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Box is "IN The Mail". Willie is right: The shipping cost from e-Bay may not match the actual cost of shipping.

As Dorothy once said, " . . .we're not in Kansas any more." The days of Scrooge-and-Cratchit accounting are long gone. Whatever it is, we just have to deal with-it or not participate.

My thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Box is "IN The Mail". Willie is right: The shipping cost from e-Bay may not match the actual cost of shipping.

As Dorothy once said, " . . .we're not in Kansas any more." The days of Scrooge-and-Cratchit accounting are long gone. Whatever it is, we just have to deal with-it or not participate.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be a good old-fashioned cash-and-carry storefront???? My plan for retirement is to get out from behind a computer and boardroom meetings... and sell bananas or pencils on the corner. Want a banana?; give me a quarter. Want a pencil?; give me a dime. I’ll probably go broke!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post

eBay has been around for 25 years, so we haven't been in Kansas for a generation.

Well I was referring to myself and how I wish it was . . .but realise that it it isn't.

And I do remember when e-Bay was just a place to connect sellers and buyers . . .before it was a public corporation.

The last thing I sold on e_Bay was back in the 1990s. I had this odd-ball USAF/Fairchild recon camera that took 70mm film cassettes'. Had one positive response from some guy in Japan. We exchanged e-mails and agreed on a final price and shipping arrangements. He sent a check in USD and I shipped it out on a slow boat. Six weeks later he said he'd gotten the package and was happy.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!