Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: e-Bay and my first sale

e-Bay and my first sale

following some advice on another thread here I established a savings account at a bank different from my family banking and got it synched with PayPal

listyed two oscilloscope lenses for my first offerings. Sold one on Dunday.

Now e-Bay has notified me that I must ship right away, but they are holding my money for 21 days.

What is that about? anybody?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Re: e-Bay and my first sale

Trust
    Tin Can

Part of it is probably that you are a new account.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

From the eBay Terms of Service:

11. Holds and Restricted Funds

To protect eBay from risk of liability for your actions as a seller, eBay has at times recommended, and may continue to recommend, that PayPal restrict access to funds in a seller's PayPal account based on certain factors, including, but not limited to, selling history, seller performance, returns, riskiness of the listing category, transaction value, or the filing of an eBay Money Back Guarantee case. This may result in PayPal restricting funds in your PayPal account.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/m...ent?id=4259#11

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Thanks everyone. This is a new world to me.

lI will go ahead and ship the item anyway than.

Doesn't seem right though. I don't sell much, a few items once in a while, mostly on this forum now . . .get te check, send the item. In the days of the old camera shows, this was done face-to-face (eye contact) with cash and a hand shake. But that was then, this is now and it is what it is.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

eBay isn’t cash face-to-face; never has been. The handshake is missing. Both buyers and sellers need to establish that trust. eBay and PayPal are helping you in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    following some advice on another thread here I established a savings account at a bank different from my family banking and got it synched with PayPal

listyed two oscilloscope lenses for my first offerings. Sold one on Dunday.

Now e-Bay has notified me that I must ship right away, but they are holding my money for 21 days.

What is that about? anybody?
    You've checked your PayPal account to confirm that the funds are there? If you haven't, do that now. That's ALWAYS Step #1.

If you see the funds in PayPal, and if you're being told to ship, you need to ship. You won't have to wait 21 days unless shipping takes that long. PayPal should automatically release the funds a couple of days after tracking shows that the item was delivered. If that doesn't happen automatically, you can call them, tell them to look at the proof of delivery, and have them release the funds. If you didn't buy your postage on eBay, you should post the tracking number to the transaction ASAP.

This is often done for new sellers, infrequent sellers, and sellers who post something well above the usual price range for their items. It's not done to protect the buyer; if the seller skips, PayPal would be stuck refunding the buyer out of their own pocket, so they hold onto the funds for higher-risk sellers to keep their reimbursement costs down.

I realize that things are different now and never will be the way it was . . . .when I met a guy in a McDonalds parking lot and he b ought a box of long-roll film magazines out of the trunk of my car.

I am new to PayPal and e-Bay. I will take the advicve I have gotten here and will comply with what PayPal and e-Bay say must happen.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

It’s a 21-day interest free loan to E bay provide by the Drew Bedo Bank.

I’d like to get a loan application please. Thank you.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy