Thread: Hello from PA

Hello from PA

Hi I'm Matt and I've recently come into some old photography equipment I'm just beginning to learn about. Right now I'm trying to identify what I have and work out whether its worth trying to use or not.

I have a real old poco view camera with a camera stand from the early 1900s along with various lenses and a RB Graflex series B. They seem to be in ok but not great condition. Do people still actively use these for picture taking or are they more in the antique for display realm?

Re: Hello from PA

Welcome, Matt.
    People here still use cameras and lenses of that vintage, and even older.
    Many old cameras still work well, and old lenses are valued for their unique look, so nothing gets thrown out here.

I guess my next step is to determine how functional the cameras and lenses I have are. Is there anything in particular to look at the lenses for to figure out if they're inngood shape?

loujon

Hey Matt welcome aboard! You may want to add the area your from in our great state as you may be near enough to have someone help you figure out what you have and how it can be utilized to make images. I have plenty of vintage gear I use as well as not so vintage gear with lots of mixing and matching at times.

You may also want to post images of the gear you have questions about as it will give us and idea of what you have.

Testing posting a pic, not a great one, was just snapping shots for reference
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200615_211512.jpg