Thread: Sekonic L-358 Meter Stuck in Aperture Priority

Sekonic L-358 Meter Stuck in Aperture Priority

I had an L-358 that I recently sold. I tested before I shipped and everything worked fine. Now that it has arrived, the buyer is unable to get it to switch modes out of aperture priority. Holding the mode button and turning the jog wheel just changes the aperture/shutter combinations. I have gone through a number of possible issues and fixes with him (remove battery, toggle dip witches, make sure it is not in a memorized setting, make sure averaging is off) and supposedly nothing works. I know it worked when shipped, and I seem to remember having done something at some point while I owned the meter that caused the same thing to happen, but I can for the life of me remember what I did or how I corrected it. Any ideas what could be going on or how to fix it? I supposed that the mode button could actually be broken, but it seems unlikely as I tested it immediately before wrapping it in its case, then in plenty of bubble wrap, and sending it.

Re: Sekonic L-358 Meter Stuck in Aperture Priority

Perhaps the answer can be found here. I have one of these meters and have never had the issue described but I don't mess about with it very much. http://flynngraphics.ca/wp-content/u...358-Manual.pdf

Re: Sekonic L-358 Meter Stuck in Aperture Priority

Yeah I read through the whole manual and watched all the videos I could find to try to figure out what could be wrong and walk them through issue. They couldn't figure out and ended up returning it. I inspected it as soon as it arrived back and I can only assume they weren't pressing the button hard enough or holding it long enough because it works perfectly for me.