Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: recommendations on 8x10 one/tele lenses.

Re: recommendations on 8x10 one/tele lenses.

Bonjour,
    Il y a ici et là des choses utiles
    Ici

=================
    There are here and there useful things
    Here
    There

Re: recommendations on 8x10 one/tele lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse1996 View Post
    I believe my maximum bellows extension is 600mm which isn't too bad but it's still a limitation.
    Perhaps best tele lens you may get is APO-Tele-Xenar, see this: https://www.largeformatphotography.i...l=1#post131987

It is scarce and expensive, but optically superior to the Ts abd to the C. Right now there is one 800mm at ebay for $9000 , so around x20 more than I would pay for a lens. IMO this is the best choice if pocket is in very good shape and not having other priorities.

You may think in two alternatives:

>> Shot 5x7" with the 450mm, probably you are not to get much more Image Quality with a tele 600 on 8x10", or you may even get less. If you end using a 600mm also compare what in practice you get with the 5x7"-450mm combo.

>> Add bellows, an investement in a more capable camera may be the cheap choice as it allows to use good/cheaper 600mm glass that would require more bellows, remarkably the amazing APO Nikkor 610mm, only for only $415 it may equal or beat both the T and the C, but you should be brave enough to not need a shutter already mounted.
    https://www.angusparkerphoto.com/blo...s-in-a-shutter

The Apo Nikkor 610mm is 1450gr without shutter while the nikkor T is 1650gr with shutter

Personally I solved the 600mm focal with a Symmmar 360mm convertible to 620mm f/12, Technika stamped, that is quite sharp as for 8x10" I only need the center of the insanely big image circle. It is in shutter. It is quite lightweight once you remove the front cell for the conversion. It is contrasty as the conversion only has 2 groups, single coated. But it may require a compendium shade because the insanely big illuminaton circle throws a lot of light illuminating in the bellows and bouncing.