Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help ID

Re: Please help ID

That's the cold light head for the Beseler 8X10 conversion for 45VXL and 45M Series. In addition to the large cast upper stage, it requires a high voltage power supply to work.

[QUOTE=Bob Salomon;1555711]
    Quote Originally Posted by justbeamensch View Post

But have you asked them?
    I get this when I click on their site:

This server could not prove that it is www.beselerphoto.com; its security certificate is from *.sucuri.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

[QUOTE=justbeamensch;1555951]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    I get this when I click on their site:

This server could not prove that it is www.beselerphoto.com; its security certificate is from *.sucuri.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
    Use the phone.

Thanks for all the helpful responses, and thanks for yours too, Bob

Here is the (very limited) description from the Beseler website as of 2007:

810 Cold Light Source
    All 45 Series enlargers can be converted to accept larger format 8"x10" negatives, transparencies, panoramic films up to 10" long and produce enlarged contact sheets.
    This lightsource comes complete with glass and glass less negatives/transparency carriers. By removing the 810 light source adapter plate, which is included, both the 45M condenser and the 45A light source can be used.
    The 810 adapter kit allows the user to mount other manufacturers' 810 sources to Beseler 45 Series enlargers.

Adapter Kit for 8"x10" light sources
    This kit includes all compnents necessary to mount virtually any suitable 8x10 light source* onto any of the Beseler 45M and 45VXL series enlargers. Cat.# 8351
    The kit includes:
    810 enlarger adapter casting; 810 film stage assembly, glass/diffuser; 810 film carrier; glass lens spring-loaded 810 film carrier; adapter plate for 45M condenser light source; and 45M Series hardware mounting kits.
    Special Order

https://web.archive.org/web/20071016...html#coldlight

And a not very clear picture of the enlargers with the kit installed:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070804...d.810.body.gif

thanks!