Thread: What enlarger is this from?

What enlarger is this from?

I'm planning to make a very simple LF enlarger. I've got a good modern lens but had been looking for a Kodak Ektanon, and noticed one on ebay with some other bits and pieces.

I got lucky, not only is the 7.5" Ektanon in reasonable condition (and with a remarkable number of aperture blades) but there is a considerable weight of other useful stuff that will make a very good starting point.

Can anyone indentify what enlarger this might have come from? The big lens mount boxes are between 7.25" and 7.5" square where they would fit onto the enlarger.

The film holders are quite distinctive. The thicker pieces have a wide, shallow rebate on two edges. The thinner pieces locate onto stout pins on the thicker pieces, and the film would be sandwiched between two pieces of glass.

Is the thin rectangular frame (on the right) part of the same kit? (I somehow doubt it).

Along with the Ektanon there was a tiny 5cm f3.5 Ross Resolux, absolutely filthy.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3392_cr_rs.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	205014

Re: What enlarger is this from?

5x7" MPP (maybe also work on an Omega E3?).
    I have never seen the rectangular frame you mention, but looking at the short sides (one is wider than the other) I wonder if it could be part of the head light source (more likely), or maybe of the filter drawer.
    I'd say this enlarger cannot work with lenses as short as 5cm, minimum should be around 105mm. 7.5" (or 180mm) should be right on the big cone.

They look like parts for a Omega E3 or E4 5x7 enlarger, the negative holders are probably the hardest
    parts to find for Omega E series enlarger.

https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...p-in-ny.88604/

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/Enlargers/E3E4.htm

Jose, Jim, many thanks to both of you for your replies. I think you're both correct, it seems that the MPP Micromatic and Omega E3/E4 share a large amount of DNA... including the autofocus mechanism etc. I wonder if MPP bought it in from Simmons Bros?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPP_Omega.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	205139

I've got four holders - 5x7 (inches), and 7.5x10, 6x9 and 6x6 (cms). The latter is a single aluminium sheet (rather than a sandwich) with two lift up, hinged and lipped panels that would keep the neg flat. All this kit is certainly very sturdy.

Yes, it is easier to think that the MPP derives from the Omega, rather than the opposite.