Excellent documentation

I am impressed

Carry on!
    Tin Can

Re: Zebra Tin Type

i think he is an impressive young man- waiting on my order
    " The man who invented the camera has a lot to answer for! " Hercule Poirot

Any news about the result for these tin types?
    He appears to be doing a “Jason L” offering of slow dry plates for the EU countries.

You reminded me

I just ordered 5X7

Never tried them

https://zebradryplates.com/product/z...ate-tintypes/#

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    Any news about the result for these tin types?
    He appears to be doing a “Jason L” offering of slow dry plates for the EU countries.
    Tin Can

ZEBRA 5X7 Dry Tintype Plates

just arrived, well packed from Slovenia in 9 days USPS

I will use a couple at Giant City State Park

https://dnr.illinois.gov/parks/park.giantcity.html
    Tin Can

Mr Zebra

Where are you?

Need your new products

but your website is a mess
    Tin Can

Very cool products! I will put an order in when it fits my budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?

multiplex

I'm glad he fixed his website to give credit to rockland colloid, they brought the process back from the dead 40-50 years ago, some folks ( like me ) have been doing it since the 1980s + 90s ...
    as Ecclesiastes said there's nothing new under the sun and all that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironage View Post
    Very cool products! I will put an order in when it fits my budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    if you want to get the taste of it, without using up your sweet, perfect and professionally coated ( and more expensive than self coated ) zebra plates while you wait for them to be shipped from Europe ... you can easily buy some liquid emulsion ( they used-to sell it cheap at Freestyle in the "clearance" area 1Kg of Foma Emulsion for like 30$, B/H currently has fresh liquid light that's less than 40, might be regular price ) I always double coat with expired emulsion and /or liquid light ) or make some yourself if you have some silver nitrate lying around. the simplest emulsion I have made is 4 ingredients ( salt silver nitrate water and gelatin, and it takes about 20 mins to make it's unwashed so you'll have to use it on paper, and it's silver chloride slow recipe and instructions at light farm, search under Patten ) ... most silver gelatin can work with a those tintype developers, they bleach, stain and fog the dark tones of the the negative to produce a positive image ) .. you can coat the foma and rockland colloid &c stuff on glass metal or paper or plexiglass &c on paper they look beautiful hand colored. if you coat plates with min wax urethane as a binder ( as Rockland Colloid advises ) you will have a nice yellowish glow after the urethane ages... be advised, if you use the rockland style developer with his process, the developer sometimes gives whatever was exposed a green tinge to it like developing AZO / Silver Chloride papers in Dektol ... and sometimes when you put emulsion on a non porous material ( like glass or metal &c ) even if the subbing is perfect in every way, there is a chance years later after the plates are developed fixed dried &c the emulsion spalls and flakes off, at least it doesn't go down the drain once it hits the fixer like poorly subbed plates .. nothing lasts forever I guess ...
    Last edited by jnantz; 28-Oct-2023 at 16:00. Reason: saw some mistakes edited and revised..

I quit

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    I'm glad he fixed his website to give credit to rockland colloid, they brought the process back from the dead 40-50 years ago, and some folks ( like me ) have been doing it since the 1980s + 90s ...
    as Ecclesiastes said there's nothing new under the sun ..

he gives the recipe for the developers on his website, you can easily buy some liquid emulsion ( they used to sell it cheap at Freestyle in the "clearance" area 2Kg of Foma Emulsion for like 30$ ) or make some yourself ( it takes about 20 mins to make some simple emulsions) and they all can work as a tintype developer ) .. coat it on glass or paper or plexiglass and make them yourself
    you won't have to worry about shipping ( which must be a lot from Slovenia, seeing glass weighs a TON ) ...
    if you use the rockland style developer it sometimes has a green tinge to it like developing AZO / Silver Chloride papers in Dektol ...
    Tin Can