Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Used gear and availability

Re: Used gear and availability

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Collins View Post
    i agree with gnd2.

Sales and purchases have slowed a lot during the virus.
    I think this is true also. Going to the Post Office is PITA right now, (especially in a hard-hit area like where I live).
    I had been photographing and preparing a bunch of items I was going to sell - I was doing this at work during lunch break and after work. All that stuff is at work and I have no access to it for the foreseeable future.

Also: how many potential buyers are out there right now? The economy is so uncertain and millions of people are out of work.

Arca-Swiss

Arca-Swiss cameras have always been hard to find as they rarely reach an ad. Friends who have coveted an Arca, will usually pick them off, before an ad is needed.

The only ones you may see are those from earlier series. A B C cameras from 1983 and earlier, and second, F-Line 171 series, 1984-2004. 141 F-Line, M-Line or Universalis, the current series are quite rare for the above reasons.
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

simdil, the bellows are expensive for a Technikardan (from Linhof) - especially the main bellows. I sent my standard bellows in to a bellows maker in England to have a new one made. The wide angle bellows are more reasonable. The spirit levels seem to go out - I need to replace mine. I typically use a small bullet level instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Opheim View Post
    simdil, the bellows are expensive for a Technikardan (from Linhof) - especially the main bellows. I sent my standard bellows in to a bellows maker in England to have a new one made. The wide angle bellows are more reasonable. The spirit levels seem to go out - I need to replace mine. I typically use a small bullet level instead.

To the OP: I had a bag bellows made for my TK45S by Custom Bellows in the UK, that they mounted into an extra set of the 45S plastic bellows frames that the previous owner of my camera threw in with the deal. The bag bellows came back perfect and, like Robert says in #23 just above, it was modestly priced. I am sure they could also make you a nice standard bellows as well, but you'll have to provide the suitable frames.
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

I see there's an Arca Swiss F-Line for sale now on this site.

From what I have heard, Arca was more popular in Europe and Sinar was more popular in the United States. I don't know where you live but it does affect availability of some cameras.

As mentioned above, many times you have to be patient to find what you want at a fair price.

Of course, after you finally buy the camera you want they will start showing up everywhere!

That makes sense - the Arca I purchased was for sale in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    From what I have heard, Arca was more popular in Europe and Sinar was more popular in the United States. I don't know where you live but it does affect availability of some cameras.

As mentioned above, many times you have to be patient to find what you want at a fair price.

Of course, after you finally buy the camera you want they will start showing up everywhere!