Thread: How To Keep Aperture Open on Linhof Technika 75mm Super Angulon F5.6 Lens?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How To Keep Aperture Open on Linhof Technika 75mm Super Angulon F5.6 Lens?

I am sure I am missing something pretty obvisous, but I can't seem to figure out how to keep the aperture open while focusing on the Linhof Technika 75mm Super Angulon F5.6 Lens.

Anyone have experience with this lens that can help me out?

Thanks!

Larry

Re: How To Keep Aperture Open on Linhof Technika 75mm Super Angulon F5.6 Lens?

On the small Synchro-Compurs, you set the time to B, and use a locking cable release... The ones with the sliding locking are easier to use...

Steve K

Ah yes... thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    On the small Synchro-Compurs, you set the time to B, and use a locking cable release... The ones with the sliding locking are easier to use...

Steve K

Hmm. That lens should be in a Synchro-Compur #0 or a Copal #0, not a #00 as I believe Steve thinks. Compur is more likely than Copal.

By an odd coincidence, I have one Copal 0 and two Synchro-Compur 0s, different versions, in front of me.

Copal first. It has a lever with a black triangular tip. Move it to open the shutter.

Older Compur. It has a round button sticking out of the side. As I look at the shutter from the front, with the cocking lever at 6 o'clock, the button is at ~ 8 o'clock. To open the shutter, cock it, press the button towards the back of the shutter and fire the shutter.

Newer, I think, Compur. It has a tiny lever sticking out of the side, at about 9 o'clock when the cocking lever is a 6 o'clock. The lever has a tab. That tab is normally at the upper end of the slot the lever lives in. Move it to the top of the slot to open the shutter, move it back to the bottom to close the shutter.

Thank you Dan! As soon as I get back home, I will go look which version of the shutter that I have and apply this info.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Hmm. That lens should be in a Synchro-Compur #0 or a Copal #0, not a #00 as I believe Steve thinks. Compur is more likely than Copal.

By an odd coincidence, I have one Copal 0 and two Synchro-Compur 0s, different versions, in front of me.

Copal first. It has a lever with a black triangular tip. Move it to open the shutter.

Older Compur. It has a round button sticking out of the side. As I look at the shutter from the front, with the cocking lever at 6 o'clock, the button is at ~ 8 o'clock. To open the shutter, cock it, press the button towards the back of the shutter and fire the shutter.

Newer, I think, Compur. It has a tiny lever sticking out of the side, at about 9 o'clock when the cocking lever is a 6 o'clock. The lever has a tab. That tab is normally at the upper end of the slot the lever lives in. Move it to the top of the slot to open the shutter, move it back to the bottom to close the shutter.