Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on my office layout

Re: Update on my office layout

Here is my air compressor setup for cleaning my negatives prior to wet mounting for scanning. Currently use Epson V850. Have a drum scanner on lay away.

First image show initial water yep nd filter. Lots of water vapor which is unuque for AZ. I use a humidifier in room humidity at 41%. Outside like 12%-17%.

I use a Simco ionizing air nozzle and ionizing fan to keep dust down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 62FEDE77-DA8E-4E72-AC46-8EB5C8FB8A05.jpg   47D09EC0-CEA0-46B6-B366-B15839D64FD5.jpg   6DAA9FCC-7BBF-463D-A55A-13D9CA694F04.jpg  

Good to see and read Steven

I bought another tiny compressor that is quieter than my first, which was moved to the big shed

The ultra flexible air hoses are really good, like your blue one

I am almost ready for 5X7 V700 wet mount

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Here is my air compressor setup for cleaning my negatives prior to wet mounting for scanning. Currently use Epson V850. Have a drum scanner on lay away.

First image show initial water yep nd filter. Lots of water vapor which is unuque for AZ. I use a humidifier in room humidity at 41%. Outside like 12%-17%.

I use a Simco ionizing air nozzle and ionizing fan to keep dust down.
    Tin Can

Drew Wiley

Yikes! That's one of the three compressor designs I commissioned them to provide. The very first of the three was prototyped in our own shop, and soon became a national model; but that was a much bigger machine oriented to construction. Rol Air doesn't actually make this particular series of small compressor themselves, but subcontract it. And probably everyone I knew in that organization has themselves retired by now. The US mfg equivalent or predecessor was a much more expensive Thomas model (which I use in my own darkrooms); but when that company relocated to Louisiana, they stopped making portable compressors. So I cajoled Rol Air (Associated Engineering) into coming up with something equivalent - dual piston, quiet, and lower RPM for sake of greater longevity. There's a weird kind of check valve in the system that sometimes clogs; but otherwise they seem pretty reliable. The correct way to collect water is to feed the hose from the compressor up into a length of slightly slanted copper pipe, allowing the air to cool and condense before reaching the separator. But a helical coil of copper can also be used, much like a distillation setup.