Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on my office layout

Update on my office layout

While we are moving into a custom home we designed in the near future. This is the layout I will be using. The only thing missing is my 10 gallon storage tank for compressed air. Will be here Wed. The other items missing are the ceiling ionizing fans and heppa filtration purpose built for the room with positive air pressure. Will do same for dark room.

Anyways you can see all the equipment.

My drum scanner will hopefully be here end of summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22746869-FE66-4DC9-8670-8DE919EBEFF1.jpeg   3255C542-F3E3-4697-ABCF-66DA05A03D35.jpg  

Re: Update on my office layout

Looking good!
    Tin Can

Routed all the cables with standoff attached to underside of desk. Already planning ups res to design.

Thanks!

Next step to cover up those windows and get the ambient light levels low enough for serious editing.

Will this area be used solely photo editing/scanning/computer work, or also for printing?
    One thing I've realized is that if printing, you want an area solely for print inspection, whether for color calibration or solely for inspection prior to display.
    Having lighting that mimics your intended display area, not just for ambient brightness levels of the room/space the print will be displayed in, but color temperature of the lighting itself.

Some good light-blocking window shades can allow for "dark room" times, but also open natural lighting if/when you don't need such stringent light levels for other tasks such as surfing Large Format Forum

-Dan

Drew Wiley

I see you're using one of those quiet low-RPM RolAir compressors that I specifically convinced them to provide once quiet oilless US-made models were no longer available from Thomas. Most small compressors are revved way up to compensate for an inefficient pump, and whine and squeal like a downed WWI dogfight plane; roofers use those noisy things, and the high RPM typically burns the pump or motor out within six months. The only predictable problem with the low-RPM Rol Air is a little subsidiary ball valve that sometimes clogs and might need cleaning or replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatchian View Post
    Next step to cover up those windows and get the ambient light levels low enough for serious editing.
    I only edit at night so window coverings not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stone View Post
    Will this area be used solely photo editing/scanning/computer work, or also for printing?
    One thing I've realized is that if printing, you want an area solely for print inspection, whether for color calibration or solely for inspection prior to display.
    Having lighting that mimics your intended display area, not just for ambient brightness levels of the room/space the print will be displayed in, but color temperature of the lighting itself.

Some good light-blocking window shades can allow for "dark room" times, but also open natural lighting if/when you don't need such stringent light levels for other tasks such as surfing Large Format Forum

-Dan
    I only edit at night

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    I see you're using one of those quiet low-RPM RolAir compressors that I specifically convinced them to provide once quiet oilless US-made models were no longer available from Thomas. Most small compressors are revved way up to compensate for an inefficient pump, and whine and squeal like a downed WWI dogfight plane; roofers use those noisy things, and the high RPM typically burns the pump or motor out within six months. The only predictable problem with the low-RPM Rol Air is a little subsidiary ball valve that sometimes clogs and might need cleaning or replacement.
    Yep. Just added 10 gallon tank.