Thread: Looking for "Paper Negative" photographer, who portrayed the destruction of the earth

Looking for "Paper Negative" photographer, who portrayed the destruction of the earth

Hi,
    I have recently tried to rediscover a photographers work that I remember really enjoying the first time I saw it. Am hoping somebody may be able to help me with a (no doubt) vague description of his work...

Most of his images featured himself in the shot and the figure was described as either "nowhere man" or "future man" or something along those lines.
    I have a feeling that he worked with large format paper negatives and that some of the "retouching" might have been directly on paper and then rephotographed... Definitely had a "alternative process" type vibe to the work. Also, fell into the broader category of having a "steampunk" feel to the work. I recall turbines, wind balloons etc etc..

One image I do remember is him leaning down to a fractured, broken earth and attempting to stitch it back up with an oversized needle.

Earlier work was definitely a toned type of black and white whilst later work was in colour.

Am generally pretty good at hunting down photographers but this one is really escaping me and all google searches have come up with nothing unfortunately.

Thanks, I know it is a random one but any hints would be greatly suggested!

Re: Looking for "Paper Negative" photographer, who portrayed the destruction of the e

Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison?

Re: Looking for "Paper Negative" photographer, who portrayed the destruction of the e

Quote Originally Posted by Chester McCheeserton View Post
    Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison?

Yes! You are the man!

Thanks so much, was driving me nuts...

Am I right about the technique? Some type of large format paper negatives?

Anybody with more information?