What happens if we put me in Zion park or Glacier national park with 19k worth of equipment and Ansel Adams with a pinhole box camera in a Scranton NJ parking lot? Who gets the better picture?
So I guess the locale is important, but the most important thing is the person behind the camera.

And this planet we live on is stunningly beautiful. A long time ago, I was driving to Mt. Rainier national park with a station wagon full of young men of various ages. My youngest son (about 5 years old at the time) saw Mt. Rainier looming in the car window and said, "Look, somebody painted a picture in the sky!"

I remember when I was his age and we were driving up Whitebird hill in central Idaho. There was this ominous sky with absurd sunbeams blasting through gaps in the clounds and a giant flock of antelope running in unison on a hill nearby. I had a similar thought in my head, but mine was, "It's so beautiful it looks faked. Nothing can be that beautiful... Can it?"
About 58 years ago but I still remember it like it was today. Too bad I was five and didn't have a nice camera.